ANYBODY ON HERE DO DRIVEWAY PAVING concrete ETC?

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by ZANNY, Mar 8, 2017.

1. ZANNY

ZANNY JDM WIDETRACK SPEC Z

Thought I'd try on here first before looking elsewhere
    hi all I need my back yard were the scoob is parked sorting out I don't mind block paving, concrete or whatever I just want to start using my scooby more often hope someone can help please as I don't know the first thing about paving etc and don't want to be ripped off

2. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

To be honest pal, laying concrete is a doodle. I asked on here last year, but decided to discuss it myself, it's easy quick, and cheap doing it yourself.

3. ZANNY

Wish I had the know how... I'm useless at house things I don't even decorate I'd rather have someone come in and do it right first time round
    So far had 2 quotes ar £3200- £4500

4. Widdowmaker

I can do it with you, you'll spend less than 500 notes, and about 10 brews... if your at the meet, let's chat and make it happen. If not, let's meet up and I'll talk you through it.

I had no idea last year. It easy to calculate how much gravel, and limestone you need. Add cement In the appropriate mix, add water, tip the mixer into a Barrow.... walk it whare you with it. I can lay around 1 cube in 1.5 hours. If you have like 20 meter by 20 meter... just buy ready mix and all we have to do is finish the level.

Ground prep is the hardest part but if you are up for it, it's a really satisfying process. Offers there if you wanna give it a crac. I need to loose a few pounds so I don't mind some shovel work.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Scooby Stevo, ELV1S and mickp like this.
  5. Widdowmaker

If you want some one to do it, you'll need to Google locally, and ring them direct, groundwork or garden folk. I found that no one even got in touch, from adverts or requests on line.

ZANNY likes this.
  6. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Can't say fairer than that Zanny, what a hero :)

mickp, HAGGY and ZANNY like this.
  7. ZANNY

My little boys not well so can't get to today's meet same reason I didn't get to the last one but I definitely want to link up with you please to discuss the process further as I have a really big front yard I'll put some pics up after