Air Filters...............HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Chris, Feb 21, 2006.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Hi Chris,, all you need to bring mate is yourself, your good lady and your car.

Follow here http://www.holdenvale.co.uk and click on map for directions. I will send you an email as top what happens at the meets mate, as for meet up points, keep your eye on the forum for meeting places [;)]

2. Chris

Chris New Member

Excellent,

Thanks again and well be there, im really looking forward to it. Ill wait to here from you by email regarding what happens at the meets. Ill have to really clean up the car and try to mak a good first impression with you guys.

Is it okay for me to join you at the flag market in Preston after ive become a member? It sounds like fun and id love to be involved.

3. Barrie WRX

Barrie WRX New Member

Chris if you need an STI panel Filter I can sell you one for £20 at the next meet. Was only on the car for around 100-200 miles if that.

4. Chris

Chris New Member

Cool, thanks Barrie. Sounds like a steal - is that the best one to go for, or am i better going for a named thind like K+N, Pipercross, Green..........? Is the STi version as good? I pick up the car tomorrow so im dead excited!! I will be there at the next meet on the 19th, Im looking forward to it!! Youll have to make yourself known to me........so I know who you are!

Thanks again mate.

5. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

Well worth going for at £20[:D]
    I had one fitted at the last LADS RR day, the filter combined with an ecu reset gave an extra 13 bhp !!! I wouldn like to say whether it was the filter or the reset that gave the extra power but I would like to think the filter helped[8D]

6. fireman sam

fireman sam New Member

Chris, if Barrie is selling a STI filter for £20 go for it[^] its only done a couple of hundred miles so why buy a new one,BARGAIN [;)]

7. Barrie WRX

Barrie WRX New Member

On my 94 WRX I noticed that the STI panel filter created alot more low down torque and grunt. Good when exiting roundabouts. If you want i`ll get a photo took in the next hour and post it for you so you can see how clean it is.[;)]

8. Barrie WRX

Barrie WRX New Member

9. Chris

Chris New Member

Nice one Barrie - SOLD!!!

Ill have it at the next meeting (19th) Cheers mate - thanks for your help with this.
    Meet you there, cash in hand!

Chris

10. Barrie WRX

Barrie WRX New Member

No problem Chris. Hope you enjoy your motor on friday. Just keep a look out for flashing blue lights. lol

11. Chris

Chris New Member

WOO HOO! picked it up today!! its a dream. What a fantastic car - i love it!! Looking forward to putting in that filter. Thanks mate - meet you soon - Chris