Afterburner Raptor backbox,whats it worth??

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by whitep1, May 31, 2014.

1. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

A mate is thinking of selling one of these,just wondered what its worth?

It was on the car when he got it (Kev C,s old car),and he loves it,but a recent change in circumstances means the car is now a daily rather than a weekend warrior so he could now do with something a bit quieter realistically as he starts work at 0430 :shock: ,so that aint going to please the neighbours :(

Its not for sale as yet,its just a thought for now,also,if he changed down to a normal backbox say an STI or Prodrive,he would,nt need a re-map would he?

I know you get more from the 3" backbox from a map,but i,m thinking he may just loose minimal power going down a size but wont affect the car,am i right?

Cheers

Steve

2. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

He won't need a remap if just changing the rear box,

The raptor is a lovely sounding box, iirc I paid about 140 for mine used on a previous car.

I know kev got it new.

A normal sti box would be near enough silent. If he wants performance without noise look at the prodrive 4" round tip. They flow well

3. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

Cheers Jake,i thought that.He loves the sound of it,but for practical reasons he might just have to get something a bit quieter,i was just trying to tell him today it probably would,nt cost anything to swap to something a bit more practical and i know its a 10 minute swap as i,ve done it plenty of times on my previous Scoobys :lol: ,just need to have a look and see if the centre pipe is 3" as well or if Kev changed the flange or whatever,like i say,just a feeler for now

Steve

4. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Think ot was a 3" system.

Bit you cab buy a 2.5-3" flange adaptor.

Brian at cams has a prodrive for around 60 quid.

Jake

5. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Hi mate,

I think I may still have the baffle for this exhaust in my office at work, i'll have a look tomorrow. Might be an easier option for him.

:wink:

6. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

Thanks Kev :wink: ,i,m sure he,d appreciate it as it would save all the hassle,he,ll be happy to cover the postage for it,i can paypal you whatever it costs

Steve

7. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Hi Steve, only just seen this.

I've checked in my office and it's no longer there, don't know what happened to it either.....Sorry :wink:

If i hadn't already bought a new Back Box we could have have swopped :roll:

8. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

No worries Kev,cheers.