advice required on a new mobile phone

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by finley44, Mar 15, 2011.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve New Member

Three were crap when they first appeared but their much better now. I went from o2 to three and the reception is better with three, my sons on vodafone an mine beats his everwhere we go (same phone). Lot of people slag three but wont give em a second chance. Three is a standalone network that doesnt piggyback of anyone.

2. daveeck

daveeck New Member

ive an iphone 3gs at the mo,upgraded on wifes contract.ive just theatened to leave them on my contract(due an upgrade now) and they offered me an i phone 4(16gb) on an 18mth contract 600 mins 500 txts unlimited email and 500mb data for £30 a month and the phone free(should be 180)and a bill recalc after an issue with overtxtin on wifes number(which equates to a £175 refund) that martin lewis is a god with stuff like this threaten to leave anyone and they will throw allsorts at you.sky next i think

3. finley44

finley44 Active Member

i'm with 02 i have been for 3years i think i will go down to the shop & see if their is a deal if i threaten to leave for another network.

iphone 4
    nokia n8
    samsung omnia
    htc matte black ?

still undecided tbh

4. scalesy

scalesy New Member

samsung omnia Just a good ebay no contract Phone! But out of all of them the iPhone4 because if you dont like it you can sell it and buy any of the other Phones! :wink:

5. finley44

finley44 Active Member

i think you are right alan, i will have a mooch around the phone shops in town tomorrow & see whohas the best deal, just been on the 02 site & there are platinum, gold, silver & bronze customers wtf is that all about?

6. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Walked into work today to find out I didnt have a choice. They handed me an iphone 3, well, beggars cant be choosers I guess.

Just upgraded to 4.3 ops sys and now its Still psynching, 5 hours later.... only 4000 mp3's will fit...... boooooo.

O well, it was only work time I wasted researching the phones I had a choice off....

7. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

Actually it piggybacks off T-mob/orange, 3 dont have a 2g network so use the above, its 3g is ok but 3g has more than enough problems due to the way it works, and when LTE is out I doubt you will see 3 investing heavily in it, they just cant keep up with the big boys out there....

Tony :)

8. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

you wont get a deal on the iphone, the other 3 maybe but not worth threatening to change networks, with over 22,000,000 customers they may just take the hit :wink:

9. Triple X

Triple X Active Member

For me its Samsung Galaxy S, the only negative is no flash on the camera but i dont take many pics on it, everything else is top bannana.
    Oh and it has never crashed since i got it in october!?

10. finley44

finley44 Active Member

still on with this, all the phone shops were trying to get me to get a htc, but i think i will be getting an iphone 4, the deal on 3 is too good to miss imho :wink:

as one assisitant said to me in the three shop

" everyone is trying to make a phone as good as the iphone, but no one is trying to make one better than it "