554bhp WR1

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by zero260, Nov 16, 2006.

1. zero260

zero260 New Member

This is the WR1 Scoobymania has just tuned. The brief for this car was for it to be tuned on normal unleaded 95 ron fuel (unfortunately V-power and race fuel not allowed) and for it to be a daily driver. Final figures are 554bhp and 530lbft. :twisted:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The motor is one of our Stage 3 units - a fully forged and sleeved 2.5L with custom combustion chambers, port work and cams - all built and assembled here in good old Nottingham.

The turbo is a reworked Garrett unit with external wastegate (which is replumbed back to the exhaust to keep noise levels to a minimum). It uses our race intercooler core - charge temps never above 24c!

The fuel system features a lift pump pumping to a swirl pot, then a Aeromotive pressure pump feeds the rails. Flows around a gallon a minute on full chat

ECU is GEMS with switchable maps, anti-lag etc

lots of other goodies, some top secret.

ENJOY. :wink:

2. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

look what u could ov done with yours gav :wink: :)

3. zero260

zero260 New Member

How much would it of cost though. :shock:

4. scoobyste

scoobyste Member

Hows it going mate :wink:
    I'm after a engine build like that
    for next year :wink: It will take me
    that long to save up :(

5. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

8) 8) 8) 8)

6. marc

marc New Member

Very nice although a strange place to put the oil cooler next to the turbo surely it should be in the inner wing near the vent.

7. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

marc the oil cooler is getting cooled of the bonnet scoop :wink:

8. Gunny

Gunny New Member

looks stunnin but where does the front number plate go :p

9. marc

marc New Member

Not the best place to put it mate .Leaving the bonnet scoob on produces turbulance in the engine with top mount removed that why people use evo type vents :wink: also positioned there it is getting to much cold air and therefore not doing its job properly.Dont forget you need oil to be at a optimum temp for to maintain the best for your engine .Putting the cooler when it can be controlled better ie inner wing is prefferable.IMO

10. Parky

Parky New Member

You do that to the car, and for some reason put those graphics on..

loose the graphics please!..

11. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

marc you better tell them that all there hard work and research is wrong
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: were did you read that :D :D

12. marc

marc New Member

:wink: :wink: cant tell you that bud :wink: :wink:

marc 391 345 :D
    eclipsembodies 365 392
    Triple X 349 303
    speedflash 348 329 :cry:

13. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

did you have a cooler on marc :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mapped on rollers :D he he he :wink:

14. marc

marc New Member

:roll: :roll: :roll:

15. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

They didnt even have time left to detango it :lol:

16. zero260

zero260 New Member

Didn't have to time to upgrade the brakes either. :shock: Alot of power to try and stop. :?

17. WR1 Bro

WR1 Bro New Member

I'm pretty sure that brakes and improved handling are on the agenda...

18. Godzilla

Godzilla New Member

I'm inclined to agree and also it is strange that no attempt has been made to shroud the induction from engine bay heat. Appears to be no cold air feed to it at all!

Can't argue with the figures though, impressive, but with 2.5 litres and that kind of money spent I would hope they would have that kind of power at least. People have been exceeding that power for years on smaller capacities and using a lesser specced model to start with.

Think in the earlier thread it lists the converison cost as "around 20k", remove the sales talk and read "more than likely well onto the naughty side of 20k". That's just less than £100 per bhp gained (very roughly) so not exactly cheap.

And as has been pointed out, then you've got to start on the suspension and brakes!

Don't want to sound like a synic, as it is a superb car (graphics are naff though I agree) but my pants aren't exactly round my ankles :lol:

19. WR1 Bro

WR1 Bro New Member

Headline figures are one thing... So a good car is high figures for small money? This seems to be what a lot of people want so they can turn up to a meet and say XXXbhp... That is such a small part of the picture. Maybe this person wanted a SOLID reliable and drivable car that isn't about to chew itself up?

I think it is amazing!

20. Neil

Neil Active Member

554 bhp is, however you look at it, a truly amazing figure...and the car looks like it will be a great advertisement for Scobymania once its finished... :wink:

Of course it is so easy to nit pick at certain aspects of other peoples project cars, as we all have our own ideas as to what is 'right'.

I have driven a few cars which are supposed to have xxxbhp, and have failed to impress me. Over 450bhp 450 lb/ft genuine, quite honestly, would make an indecently quick road car, so 550/540 should be awesome, if not a bit of a hand full :shock: :shock:

Full credit to them, but to be nit picky, I don't lke the graphics either... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: