3 Sisters Track Day

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by tharrington, May 18, 2014.

1. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

If anyone is interested they are putting on a 5 hour window (3-8pm) Wed 25th June.

Price is £20 for 10 laps of the perimeter circuit (1130 mtrs) you will need both parts of your license & a current MOT certificate.

Contact Lynn for more detail 01942 290992

2. scoobaru mad

scoobaru mad Active Member

Sounds good to me :D

Can you just turn up, or does it need to be booked in advance?

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Interested :lol: :lol: :lol:

4. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

I think the leaflet I got on Sunday said you had to ring up to confirm/book, but there wasn't a great deal of info on it so may be better to ring anyway :wink:

5. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

Anyone booked on this yet?

6. tharrington

If you ring the number in the original post & ask for Lynn she will advise accordingly

7. tharrington

I rang Lynn & she said it is better if you pre-book so that you're guaranteed to drive as opposed to just arrive & drive.

Just need both parts of license & current MOT, helmet & all body parts covered ie. no short sleeve t-shirts/shorts.

I'm gutted that I'm on holiday so will have to pass on this one. I think if it is reasonable well attended they may consider putting other events on like this in the near future.

8. EatonSti

EatonSti New Member

Hi All, anyone going to this today?

Just been down there and its VERY quiet at the moment :)

9. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

Did anyone go?

10. EatonSti

EatonSti New Member

Went down about seven. was pretty good to watch especially a chap in a Turbo Zafira.

Didnt go on myself but next time, deffo.

Apparently there are a few dates set up for the next ones. :)

11. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

Let us know the dates.

12. Scottydog

Scottydog New Member

3x sisters

I went on with my Clio Cup but had to go at 1700hrs as my powered steering emptied its self - it was a dodgy drive home but excellent track for a small car, I'll definately do it again there.

13. tharrington

Spoke to one of our neighbours Danny who is a young petrol head, he went about 5ish in a green BMW with his mate in a Clio, they did 2 sessions for £40.

He said the organisers were coming up with more dates that would include an all-day deal of £80 which sounded like good value to me.

14. EatonSti

EatonSti New Member

From Facebook Page re. latest dates.... :)

"Something a little different has been launched at Three Sisters Race Circuit.
    Take your car on track, run what you brung...
    £20 gets you 10 laps on the circuit, doesn't matter what you drive, driving license is also required for this event.
    If you have your own crash helmet bring it along or you can use the circuits lids.
    Massive success last month and after speaking with a few of the riders, really enjoyable.
    Cafe open and the dates are listed below.
    Ill be on track with the camera catching all the action shots which will be posted to my website http://www.SK-Art.co.uk.
    Tuesday 22nd July
    Tuesday 5th August
    Tuesday 2nd September"

15. tharrington

Thanks for that info Phil.

BTW the website wouldn't work for me.

16. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

17. EatonSti

EatonSti New Member

Graphite, was it you I followed back from Ripon in the Legacy?

18. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Probably... :wink:

Looked something like this from your point of view? ...

[​IMG]

Some nice bits of run there - most was pretty slow though.

You went South on M6 when I went North at Preston... Was nice to see another Scoob on the journey back 8) thanks for the company :lol:

19. tharrington

I'm going up after work on the 22nd with a couple of young petrol heads in our neighbourhood, probably do a couple of sessions, anyone up for it in the club. Why not invite some of your mates who may want to have a crack at it.

20. tharrington

There are 5 or 6 of us going up to this event if anyone is interested.