22B or RS Focus

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by HYP1C, Mar 5, 2009.

1. HYP1C

HYP1C Active Member

Probably the wrong place to ask , but whatever.
    Thinking of movin' on from the 22B or CSL and gettin a new RS Focus.
    Any thoughts from you guys ?
    Cheers
    Gary

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

dont like to admit it but that new focus RS is 8)

3. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

New RS looks good - with the new front suspension setup. It is supposed to handle the torque steer much better, and suffer less oversteer.

So which one goes - the 22B or CSL?

4. Watky

Watky New Member

Don't do it Gary!!!!your 22b is a classic!!!

5. Neil

Neil Active Member

Get rid of the CSL, get an RS and keep the 22.

Job done. :)

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

have all 3 :lol:

7. JAY KAY

JAY KAY New Member

EVO NEWS CAR REVIEWS CAR DATA VIDEOS FEATURES CARS FOR SALE BUYING GUIDES FORUMS COMPETITIONS SUBSCRIBE REGISTER LOGIN SEARCHSearch evo
    Web evo

News: evo News
    Ford confirms Focus RS for 2009
    Four-wheel drive unlikely, but expect 300bhp from twin-turbo engine
    Photos: Carpix9th January 2008Ford has confirmed that it will be building an RS version of its current Focus. Following several years of deliberation, the green light was finally given after Ford won the World Rally Championship manufacturers’ title for the second year running with its four-wheel-drive Focus WRC.
    The RS will be far more than just a badge engineering exercise

That doesn’t necessarily mean the new RS will come equipped with four-wheel-drive too, even though there’s enough room in the new Focus for it to be engineered in. Jost Capito, Ford of Europe’s newly appointed Vehicle Line Director for Performance Vehicles, will be the man in charge of developing the RS and he has a healthy dislike for adding complication to a car, especially when it might increase kerb weight.

Another consideration is that Ford is now admitting that the original Focus RS was a loss-leader, reckoning each of the 4500 examples sold cost the company around £6000. This is not something Ford will want to repeat, so Capito will have to ensure the next RS will be profitable.

All Ford is saying about the new model at the moment is that it will be based on the five-cylinder turbocharged Focus ST and will go on sale in early 2009. Just one teaser image has been released so far and it suggests that, as well as gaining a suitably aggressive front-end, the RS will get heavily blistered front arches, presumably to contain a dramatically widened track.

We will get our first look at a concept of the RS at the London Motor Show in July, although Ford admits that it has already been out testing prototypes for several months, as our spy shots confirm. The unusual wheels fitted to the front of the black RS caught testing near the Nürburgring are used to monitor wheel speed when developing traction control systems and the like – another clue that the RS may have just front-wheel-drive.

Information that we have gleaned so far suggests that the car will be fitted with a twin-turbo version of the ST’s 2.5-litre five-cylinder engine, resulting in a power output of around 300bhp; torque could be limited in the first two gears to keep torque-steer at manageable levels.

In the event that Ford does decide to go down the four-wheel-drive route, the only likely donor of a system from within the group is Volvo, but as its system is not permanent four-wheel-drive (it only delivers torque to the rear wheels when the fronts begin to run out of grip), it’s not an ideal solution for a car as extreme as the RS.

What is clear is that the RS will be far more than just a badge engineering exercise. Talking to evo, a Ford spokesperson described the RS as being ‘a rally weapon in disguise, with real credibility for all potential RS owners’.

Expect the RS to cost £25-27K, a price that would put it head to head with Subaru’s new Impreza WRX STI, due in the UK in March. There will also be competition from a cheaper, five-door Mitsubishi Lancer, due to be revealed at Geneva in March. The 237bhp Lancer Ralliart will cost around £20k and will have Evo X running gear but last- generation active yaw control and the six-speed dual-clutch gearbox

8. JET

JET New Member

Is it the BMW M3 coupe / sport / lightweight :?: C/S/L

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Let me get this right, You are considering selling the Ultimate Subaru Impreza 1 of 400 made and named a 22B, for a Ford Focus? Either you have a had a knock on the head or someone has logged into your Lads account. Because that's just NUTS!

In 5 years when the Focus is valued at 10k or whatever you'll thank me for this advice!

HTH.

Simpsons

10. You need to go to the Ford camp - even they will think your bonkers :wink:

P.S. if the 22 is for sale, let me know first :wink:

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

thought you wanted a porsche chris or was it a push bike lol :p

12. skins21

skins21 Active Member

u must b on drugs 2 sell it :shock: :shock:

its a ford focus at the end ov the day wot ever colour u get :cry: :cry:

would have manaro thou :lol:

13. HYP1C

HYP1C Active Member

I've had the 22 for 5 years now and never use it,same with the CSL(yes it is a BMW M3 CSL) Just thinkin of movin on and I like the look of the RS.
    Simpsons- It's 1 of 16 UK 22B's so even rarer, so yes I must be mad !!
    I really need to just have 1 weekend car in the current climate,much as it would be nice to just keep on collecting cars !!,but I either need to build an extra garage or just be sensible,much as I don't like to be :)
    Just sort of thinkin out loud ,so to speak.

14. gerry

gerry Active Member

gary get rid of the m3 and get the rs it will be a hoot to drive pal :)

15. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

RS

Gary,

the RS looked loaded at Autosport, your right about having a museum piece.

The CSL should go first though

:!:

16. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Gary don't sell the 22B :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: .

Wrap it up in a blanket and let it sleep until it's play time with the LADS.

The 22B must stay :wink:

17. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

mate of mine has a 55 plate st and was only offered £9500 for it, he bought it 2 years ago for over £18000, I would keep the scooby!

18. marc

marc New Member

Get rid of the beemer mate it will just carry on losing money where as the 22b will keep its value all day :D

19. walshy

walshy New Member

i agree with Neil, Mick, Marc etc. Gary if you must get a Focus then bye , bye Beemer :wink:

22B ownership demands the highest respect from people everywhere :!: :!:

20. fordy1

fordy1 New Member

Bye Bye Beemer, frankly I've never met a courteous BM driver on the road and frankly its beneath you as a person to drive one.