17" Vs 18"

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by blackpoolrock, Jan 30, 2013.

1. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Whos running 18" ? do they affect the drivabillity of the car in anyway ?

2. Belly

Belly Member

I've got 18''s on mine mate and I've not noticed any change really, only thing I'd say and it's not really that noticeable is that the ride is slightly harsher.
    18's look good though ;)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

18" =huge brakes :lol: :wink:

4. deansdad

deansdad Active Member

18's fill the arches better but if your running on 40 profile they will make your teeth chatter!! :twisted:

5. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

I'm running 18's. As above i've changed tyre profile to something thicker and it makes a the ride comfier.

Personally if I started track-daying I would go to 17's with a thicker profile tyre.

18's look better imo but obviously more expensive.

I guess the affect of bigger wheels also depends on the quality and lightness of the alloys too. I.e. Rotating mass.

6. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Legacy spec.B, 3.0R and 2.0GT, which you liked ;) - is designed to run on 18"s - but with 215/45 tyres - so a nice balance in looks and ride comfort - I didn't know this when I bought my (lovely :mrgreen: ) Blitzen wheels (17") and so have ended up with 225/50 17 tyres to get back to the original rolling radius :lol:

7. Toffee

Toffee New Member

I run 18s on my car........ however some VERY quick guys on the sprints insist the 17's are better? horses for courses :?

8. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

I liked it as my car was at cotcomp having the coilovers set up ! I have a impreza sti

9. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

running 17 had 18 on a classic years ago and running through forests hurt like hell :oops: i hav had 15, 16, 17 and 18 and agree 18 look the best.

10. scalesy

scalesy New Member

17's best on a classic 18's on a Newage in my experience! :wink: But each too there own and all that :lol:

11. scc28

scc28 Member

im on 18's with 45 profile, ride is ok. originally had 35's on and i thought my teeth were going to fall out!!

12. cross

cross Member

18s x40s little bit harsher ride :) :)

13. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

I agree with Lee, 18"s for show and 17"s for go :)