£19 for 46 litres

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by lpg224kW, Aug 1, 2006.

1. lpg224kW

lpg224kW New Member

Hey just filled up last night and it only cost me £19.60 for about 46 litres!! RON 102. the dogs

2. gerry

gerry Active Member

how is that???

3. Torque

Torque Active Member

Yes, do tell?

4. lpg224kW

lpg224kW New Member

lpg gerry :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. gerry

gerry Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: thats great if your car has already got it installed but not so good if you have to get it done,think they say you need the car at least 3 years for it to pay for itself??!!!!

6. lpg224kW

lpg224kW New Member

depends on your mileage I'm doing upto 100 per day so I'm getting the pay back pretty quickly. don't know how gas consumption will work out but it's got to cost loads less.

performance is good too. From 10% to 100% throttle it's as good as if not better than petrol ( can switch between the 2 on the move) small over rich problem at idle to 10% throttle at the moment is the only slight glitch but this should be easily resolveable.

set up has double regulator and injectors. ie as if for a 8 cylinder car to provide the fuel at WOT. overall so far so good.

Exhaust note on gas crisper trhan petrol, and the missus prefers it too!! :D :D

7. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

Ralph,

Have you any plans to Dyno the car on Petrol and Gas just to see how they differ?

Andrew...

8. phil_wrx

phil_wrx New Member

how much would this cost?

9. albert sponge

albert sponge Member

yes how much for lpg,thanks

10. lpg224kW

lpg224kW New Member

yep intend to do a dyno day when possible and to compare the two back to back.

Cost.. this is very much a development project with steve Cotton. Steve has spent a lot of time on this job resolving the installation and technical difficulties, not least of which is the double injector/ regulator route which adds to the hardware cost above and beyond any bill faced by mondeo man.. I think he's talking about offering it for 2.5k which when you see how much work has gone into it isn't a bad price. Also you'll get a set up that will work properly with a modded scooby.

To be honest we've only just scratched the surface wrt the fine tuning. things are set up pretty conservatively but I hope to be able to run more aggressive ignition timing and leaner full load fuelling when we've gained the confidence and experience to do so.

At the moment, seat of the pants style, the gas is easily as good as optimax open loop. :shock: :shock:

Obviously you need to have a fairly young car and be doing a fair few miles to justify the cost, but when it's done it means you can drive your pride and joy more of the time. I'm expecting the running cost to work out at something equivalent to 40-50 mpg petrol at todays costings. Really the only really big potential NoNo is if the bast**d goverment put the tax up before the payback period!!!

Anyway cars going back for the fine tuning whilst I go of to do some serious scratching around the austrian and italian alps. (One small hiccup the CBR600RR Iwas going to hire has been stacked , looks like it's a Gsx 750 R then :D :D :D :D :D )