Replaced the VRS.

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by Widdowmaker, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Just thought I would check in and share with you, the replacement for the VRS.

Only 10 months old, but a high miler, ex rep car. All motorway miles, and at a significant discount to list price. Its barely boken in, in reality, and I am well chuffed.

Audi A6 Avant Ultra 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra Black Edition.

The car is miles away from what the Skoda and other VAG cars I have owned. Arm chair driving is about as close as I can compare it to. Believe it or not, I have yet give it the beans, I just haven't felt the need... yet....

Considering its over 2 tons, it returns in excess of 50 mpg, which I need to make end meets, and getting almost 800 miles to a tank.

Shod with 20's the ride is fairly sharp, but the comfort seats soak all that up.

I picked up a karcher on the weekend, so will give her a rub down and post some better pics.

I know theres a few on here who like the RS6, but this is as close as I am gonna get to one.

Audi owners don't seem to do the waving thing..... o well!!

Attached Files:

2. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

800 miles to a tank, don't think i get a quarter of that lol.

Those engines respond very well to a remap too ;)

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. Widdowmaker

Yes, I am led to believe, you are very right. Additionally, the gear box also can be mapped, with a faster response time, and higher change points, with less tendancy to kick down. Replacement boxes do run into 4 figure sums though, so .....
    Unfortunate though it is, Preservation of the warranty is required at this point in time. Once the 60K, 3 yr thing is done.... we shall see. :) :)

4. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Good choice Jim love an Audi

5. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Very nice car Jim. We have a couple of A6's at work and they have been a great long term car. Our cars have racked up loads of miles and give us no real problems. A previous A6 covered well over 100,000 miles with nothing more than quality servicing and the general consumables.

6. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

nice motor jim :cool:

7. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

Awesome car :cool: but don't expect anybody wave back to you :D:D:D

8. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Very nice Jim, was drooling over a new grey RS6 Avant today

9. Widdowmaker

Fingers crossed they have one in as a loaner when mine goes in for service... :) :)

10. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

Very nice Jim, and a bit of room for the camping gear

11. Widdowmaker

Damn, I didn't keep it long enough to make the next camping trip. Its clear the camping gear wont fit in its replacement.. :-(

12. T1RONE

T1RONE Active Member

Very nice car

13. Widdowmaker

Well, that one left me, and so did its replacement.... time for something else.

14. Widdowmaker

Thing news to some but.... My F31, purchased 8 weeks ago. Still getting used to it. Really nice introduction to BMW.

What it lacks in options, it certainly makes up for in comfort and power delivery. I hadn't previously considered a full on BMW, but had just parted with both my Minis, an R56 Cooper S and a 06 Cooper S Cab, so understood just what the build quality was like with BMW's. I had always been put off, purely on aesthetics. I never felt the cars were that attractive, until I stumbled across a 3 series touring. Having then had my head turned, I just got lost in the whole specs thing, with myriad's of options and spending hours eliminating cars based on lack of heated seats or adaptable headlights, I just went with the first one that ticked all the boxes in mileage, age and looks.

Some wont like the M performance extras, its very much a marmite thing, and I some times struggle with it in certain lights, however, I am really quite pleased. Its due a service so just hunting up a local provider, and considering just what it needs to give me 4 years motoring pleasure.
    [​IMG]Screenshot_20180819-173150 by James SMALLEY

[​IMG]Screenshot_20180819-173204 by James SMALLEY

[​IMG]Screenshot_20180819-192928 by James SMALLEY

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  15. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

Looks lovely that:).

If your after an Indy to look after it i know just the man,he looks after my E46 M3 and theres nothing he does,nt know about BMW in general

Steve

Widdowmaker likes this.
  16. Gary

Gary Active Member

Stunning that Jim

Widdowmaker likes this.
  17. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

nice motor that !!:cool:

Widdowmaker likes this.
  18. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Saw this at camping, a very nice motor Jim :cool:

Widdowmaker likes this.
  19. Widdowmaker

I'm probably a little far away now Steve, unfortunately. I moved to the Darkside 18 months ago, where the sky is bigger and the land is flatter. But I am looking for a suitable service partner.