Turbo noises

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by S16VEB, Mar 18, 2015.

1. S16VEB

S16VEB Member

I really don't want to flood this place with every single issue I might (or might not) have, but I've wanted this car for so long, I want to keep it (or make it) perfect.

if I'm in third gear, most notably in third, and I'm at half throttle the turbo feels and sounds like it is coming in then going out, then back in, like it can't decide whether to boost or not. It does this a bit in fourth too, but not as noticeable.

Then in fifth, if I go full throttle there is like a fluttering sort of sound as the turbo kicks in and carries on while boosting.

It has me a bit worried I might be about to lose my turbo, and obviously I don't want that to happen.

Anyone else experience this?
    I've had turbo cars before, but they have always been brand new Peugeots as company cars and you could barely hear the engine for me to notice anything like this.

2. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Speak to Cams Performance mate they will be able to help.

3. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

hi ste,

if the breathing of the engine (exhaust or induction changes) are made without mapping the car you can get a miss-match between the ecu setting and the turbo spool-up.

steve

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  4. S16VEB

S16VEB Member

Thanks Steve, I know I need a remap anyway, was holding out until I do a couple more things. May have to do it sooner than I thought.