Will this work

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Leeg87, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Been offered a ecu remapped by ecutek all guy wants is to swap and £30 is it as simple as unplug and put new one in

Cheers Lee

2. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

No Lee.

Firstly is it licensed and exactly who mapped it.

Second, if it's been done properly then it's mapped exactly to the car it came from with all it's mods and to the driving style of the owner.

Third, why would someone want to swap. Seems a little strange but no doubt there's a reason.

Just my 2p fella.;)

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  3. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

hi lee,

i thought your car already had a remap by amd?

steve

4. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Been reading up amd don't use ecutek and guy is putting car to standard he has similar mods to mine air filter exhaust etc. And fully licensed with paperwork.

Just thought might save me a few quid even if I got it remapped will be cheaper than 400 due to already having the license

5. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

yes you will be saving £150 on the mapping IF it has a usable license in it, but we will not know that for definite until its fitted to your car and we connect to it.
    as tunnel says it will be mapped to the other car and so is likely to not run well on yours.
    to avoid problems it needs to be the same model of ecu (numbers the same on the ecu itself) not just from the same year and model of car.
    also depending on year of your car your keys may need coding to the new ecu.

so to answer your question, no its not just a 'plug and play' sorry.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Graphite likes this.
  6. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Cheers for the reply guys will save for the full remap as I don't fancy killing my car