low idle/cutting out?

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by woztek1981, Feb 7, 2015.

1. woztek1981

woztek1981 New Member

Hello all, i recently bought my first impreza and its ace, i have an issue with a very low idle for first 5-10 mins of driving, so much if i dont keep revs up it cuts out.. any ideas/help would be much appreciated, cheers.

2. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

Few possibilities, Maf sensor, ecu temp switch or idle valve are common options to consider first

3. woztek1981

woztek1981 New Member

Cheers Tim, will have a look.

4. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

hello,

or it could be just an air leak?
    your best bet would be to have an engine diagnostic done, with software that can monitor the ecu readings, like ecutek delta dash. its not expensive, in comparision to changing the wrong part, and should be able to confirm a faulty part, better than guessing anyway:rolleyes:

steve

5. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

I do recognise that car.... Would this by any chance be the one Chris Houlihan came in saying a mate of his had just bought?

6. woztek1981

woztek1981 New Member

Yes mate. Has a white cams and a gold lads sticker in the back window.

7. Tim

Tim LADS Sponsor

Yes I thought it looked familiar... I know the lad who used to own it :) if you're still having trouble with it nip down for a brew sometime and we'll have a quick look over it for you see what's occurring

8. woztek1981

woztek1981 New Member

Cool, nice one pal. Bought it of a lad in colne who'd bought it not to long ago but couldnt get insured, had no 4th gear when i got it last week but got a box off Chris n is sorted.

Jwrx likes this.
  9. steve@cotcomp

steve@cotcomp LADS Sponsor & Techno Bod

did it have the stalling fault before the gearbox was changed?

10. woztek1981

woztek1981 New Member

Yeah, gonna clean throttle body and iacv today n see what happens