rb5 value

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by jackg205, Oct 18, 2014.

1. jackg205

jackg205 New Member

I am wondering how much a good condition rb5 is worth.I have seen one that needs some work doing on it to get it right and wondered how much these are worth in good condition.

2. s800byn

s800byn Member

Only just seen this post, don't come on here much. As an rb5 owner I'm always looking at the value, there's only summat like 260 odd registered on the rd.
    6 months ago they were minimum of 4k but they've since been rising. I've seen some recently advertised for 6k but whether they sell at that price is another matter.

3. Mel

Mel Member

All depends on the definition of condition which can cover many things particularly the dread rear arches, have they been sorted and sorted properly? last NBO there was only three on the field plus mine, nice cars but on close inspection there were tell-tale little blisters on the rear wings of each of them. Mine has had a proper job with new repair arches and new front wings and not long ago a guy down South, a colleague of my son, said he was prepared to offer £5000 for it despite a mileage of 130000, I said I would take that but not a penny less, in the event he has not yet come up with the money and I don't think will now but that's what it is worth to me so I'll keep it, as Adrian said they are sometimes offered at around £6000 but that doesn't mean they sell.
    What price a really nice P1?, there are two in our club that you would need a mortgage for.
    Mel.