Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Leeg87, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Good morning everyone Im currently on my way to have a look and tet drive and hopefully buy a 2001 impreza wrx wagon it's not quite standard it has got s/s exhaust dump valve remap a induction kit and a 30mm drop on tein suspension is their anything I should be looking of iv never had a impreza before. According to current owner it has been serviced every 3/4k miles full history just had a new gearbox due to 3rd and 4th synco fault car has done 118k but looks tidy and guy seems genuine but who doesn't when trying to sell something also comes with morette lights and oil and filter redy for next service. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks Lee

2. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Hi Lee

Welcome to LADS bud, I'm not the expert on the WRX newage, having owned only two classics, but check service history, where's it been done, if it's any of our sponsors on here it should be ok and I'm sure they can help you out if they know the car?

Rust area's around the rear arches, although that was more commonly known with the classics in some cases.

Most WRX's are pretty sound, good luck and get some pics up if you buy?

I'm sure someone with a lot more knowledge than me will be along to help out to

3. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Just seen your post saying your picking up from Coventry Lee :lol:

Ignore my bit about our sponsors although you never know :oops: :)

4. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Cheers nearly bought a classic but was £600 more with similar miles but was sliver and really wanted the mica blue only paying £1800 which is okay value I think and pleanty of change left to get cambelt done if needed also wanted a saloon but was nearly double the price for some reason

5. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Here se is home after her 172 mile drive and im still smilling :D
    [​IMG][/url][/img]

6. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

looks nice mate 8)

7. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

The spot lamps will be coming off and just a few dings to sort and paint flaking off bonnet scoop also cambelt has been changed at least twice at subaru dealership

8. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Very nice Lee 8)

9. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Nice one chief! :lol:

10. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Looks 8) Lee

11. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Cheers everyone.

I'm new to petrol turbo cars is it worth fitting a turbo timer.

12. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

I would say no Lee. Just warm up and cool down sensibly before and after any heavy right foot action.

13. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

New double din it is then cheers

14. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

If its got the original factory speakers then that's definitely a worth while upgrade to put on your list. The factory speakers were rubbish.

15. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Fully original I think. Found a nice jvc unit :)

16. binglecheese

binglecheese Active Member

looks nice mate :D

17. Torque

Torque Active Member

How do Lee and welcome along.

I quite like the spot lamps, different and individual 8)

18. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Alot of people have commented on liking them, I need to figure a better way of attaching the steadying bars which are attached to bonnet at the minute . Their good on unlit country lanes 140 watt each lamp :)

19. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Thanks very nice just the ticket for a marshal and camping out in the forests.

Welcome to LADS

20. Leeg87

Leeg87 Member

Cheers just fitted the morette lights that came with the car