Jim's Impreza STI

Discussion in 'Picture Gallery' started by JimF, Jul 29, 2014.

1. JimF

JimF Member

Evening!

Thought I best start making more of an effort to get involved and come along to some meets, seeing as how much I enjoyed the Buttertubs run before Xmas...

So, here's my car as it stands tonight. Dirty, and with ridiculous wheels and a Spec C Interior.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

What make is that steering wheel, looks good & where did you source it?

3. JimF

JimF Member

And some other camera phone interior pics I found...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JimF

JimF Member

It's a Personal Neo Grinta 330mm from Driftworks.

I used an HKB boss which came with everything needed to fit without the airbag light coming on. But only came with Japanese instructions lol. That was about £70. The snap off boss was about the same but it's about forty times better than the cheap one I had before which was frankly dangerous. The wheel was about £150. It came to just shy of £300 including £10 postage.

5. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Thanks for the info, it's looks good & blends in with the interior very nicely & has an air of quality about it. Spot on!

6. Fleetster

Fleetster Member

Very tidy mate!

How are you finding the extension on the gear stick, ive been looking at these and wondered how they were to drive with?

7. JimF

JimF Member

It's fantastic. It increases throw as you'd expect but it's nothing out of hand. If yours is a six speed they don't fit. Mine is a DIY from scratch jobby

8. JimF

JimF Member

...and I've ripped my front CV boot with the damping adjuster. Stupid high quality inverted coilovers.
    I'm not even that low!

9. JimF

JimF Member

Booked in for Oulton Park track day now!

10. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

11. JimF

JimF Member

Thanks!

12. JimF

JimF Member

Well, after a guy near work has got increasingly arsey about the volume of my exhaust (because 8am is too early apparently) I started to think that after him picking arguments with my colleagues, there's a chance I'm going to come back to my car with nails under the tyres or scratches down the side. I'm not childish enough to be concerned with "letting him win", I'm more bothered about having to fork out money to repair my car.
    SO....... I've bit the bullet and arranged to get a more subtle and quieter Milltek system fitted. I've had the car nice and noisy for 18 months now, let's enjoy it being a bit more bearable for longer journeys.
    As a way to create a silver lining, it's getting booked in to be mapped this week by Andy Carr, along with a fuel pump, panel filter and service from Brian at Cams.
    Looking forward to the increase in power and torque and general drivability. Only aiming to get another 30bhp or so. Pretty excited!
    I considered looking do a VF46 to put on at the same time but with labour as well that would probably push the price up a little too much.
    Never had a car remapped before so looking forward to it being the whole "same car but better" thing!

13. mikey

mikey Member

what system have you got fitted that is so loud and what are you going to put on

14. JimF

JimF Member

I've gor a Blitz Nur Spec R and I'm putting on a Milltek

15. JimF

JimF Member

Right its now got the standard steering wheel and gearknob in, the damaged front splitter has been removed, the standard STI bootlid has been re-fitted (I was running wingless for a while).... All in preparation to it going up for sale.
    If anyone is interested I can send some info through (typed up an overview and all the service history) and if you fancy the car with the red wheels then let me know as it will be having them sprayed back to OEM gold in the next week or so.

Cheers!