manchester to blackpool bike ride

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Turbopercy, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Well lads i have decided to take the plunge and do my first charity bike ride.
    I am really looking forward to this and hope that people could donate a small amount towards the christie charity for cancer

https://www.justgiving.com/mark-percival84

Thankyou for taking the time to look and any donations thankyou in advance

2. matt

matt Member

I am doing this too, bought myself a comfy saddle as I think it is going to be a long day. Just hope I get home in time to watch England in the world cup final later that day!
    Good luck!

3. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

What is your start time mine is 7:00 hoping to do it in 4 hours but have to see how the legs hold up

4. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Well while a few of you were on your way to the nbo this morning i was putting in another training ride ended up doing 40 miles including going up and over parbold hill from the more difficult ormskirk side followed by skirting past rivington and then home

two weeks today i will be doing the longest ride i have ever done all in the name of charity

5. s800byn

s800byn Member

I did this a few years ago for wigan an Leigh hospice, they laid on refreshments in aspull and Preston, did it eventually in 6 hrs with no training at all!! Only got off an walked up the very last hill. It was a really good day!! I would've done it again but my bike got nicked 2 days later!!! LOL

6. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Well am in the very last stages of preparation and all is going quite well just need to raise a little more money to hit my target

Hoping to do it in sub 4 hours which will be about an average of just over 15 mph

7. beardo47

beardo47 New Member

Do you know Stevie ? (Brindle). Pretty sure he's riding for the same charity :)

8. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

I dont know him i have entered this solo and the christie is the main registered charity

9. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Good luck bud, I am sure you will do really well.

10. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Cheers ian might get round to goin out for a decent lendth ride one day or even try and train for the c2c if you were ever up for it again lol

11. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Last big training ride done went uo and over rivington tonight
    Off to go and watch the tour de yorkshire tomo to see how the pros do it

12. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Well i did my ride today only time i stopped was at traffic lights and ehen my chain came off at the fleece in penwortham

Managed to do the 62 mile course in 3 hours 40 and made up with that time

13. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

ride

well done mark 8)

14. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Cheers dave not forgotten about you will sort you an installation email asap

15. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

ride

cheers mark :wink:

16. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Well done Mark - saw loads of people working hard between Preston and St Annes on Sunday 8)

17. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Well in bud, my chain often comes off at pubs as well :D

Great time

18. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Thanks mick it was a tough stretch right the way down the front into a head wind + thankyou for your donation very generous and much appreciated

Ian i thought it was the wheels that came off when you get close to the pub lol

Surprisingly fresh today running up and down stairs and feel great must do that route more often lol