Mangoletsi 31st May WRX STi Launch Open Day

Discussion in 'Social & Family Events' started by ELV1S, May 15, 2014.

1. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

What are peoples opinion of the new version after seeing it in the flesh?

2. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

Gorgeous and it handles a treat, really smooth, just missing the noise, but I'd have one in a heartbeat!!

3. AndrewC

AndrewC Active Member

We've got a US spec car over here on the IOM this week that has the noise issue sorted, it's a bit thirsty though...

4. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

:)

It was great to see so many people and cars there 8)

New car looks fantastic!

I spent so much time chatting with old friends and meeting new enthusiasts that, most unlike me, I pretty much completely forgot about taking pictures... Nearly missed actually having a proper look at the new car as well :D

Anyway here are the 3 I managed to take...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] :D

Hopefully somebody has a few more :roll: :mrgreen:

5. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

I liked the interior and the back end ,, im still not sold on the front i think its very evo looking and wedge shaped ! its very quiet asswell !!! 8 out of ten from me ! :D

6. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

Who has bought one. :?:

No red. Ones :cry: :cry:

7. Braggy71

I wish !

Richard (with the Cosworth) is looking at one though

8. Watky

Watky New Member

Looks like you had a top day guys!

9. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Like the back and side view but like Nige I am not keen on the front end. Don't like the trim on the seats.

Johns upgrade package will definitely sway people towards buying. The fact it still has the ill fated engine is too big a risk for me sadly :(

Be interesting to see how the new model holds up over the next few years :?:

10. I think I recall hearing they come with a 5 Year unlimited mileage warrenty Mick - Welcome back to the fold :wink: :lol:

11. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

i wouldnt swap the cosworth for it !! not fast enough im sure he be waiting for the beefed up version or ltd edition if they make one ! :)

12. Braggy71

Dont worry Nige the Cosworth isn't going anywhere - think he was looking at having it as a daily driver :D

13. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Only a mint Spec C would tempt me back Chris :wink:

14. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

Got the details back but still not happy

5K down and £299 a month gets you 6000miles a year and roughly £20k at the end hand in price. OR 5K down £341 gives you 12000miles a year but still seems were screwed on the option packs no blue sides to the seats in the uk only red were as the US has both, No updated Harman Karman stereo only NAV option were the US as 3 types mm gonna wait for a JDM import myself and there is only a further 13 allowed in the UK for this year so slim pickings with no black left.

Plus it is a great car

15. Mangoletsi Subaru

Mangoletsi Subaru New Member

Guys, just to say a great big thank you for supporting our launch event last weekend. It was fantastic to see so many Subaru's all together, both outside and inside the showroom.

Thank you for everyone who came and showed off their prized possessions, and I look forward to seeing many of you tomorrow at Prodrive.

Dave, can you ensure I don't have to park near any red posts PPPLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!!!! hehehehe :oops:

16. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

I guess there is a story I missed there... go on spill the beans :lol:

17. Mangoletsi Subaru

Too embarrassing to go into details, but I parked one of the most expensive and rarest cars at the launch event by a red post we have here on site, was talking to someone at the time, and opened the door on the post, putting a tiny little dent in it. DOH!!!!! :oops:

18. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I'm glad you told it john as I didn't want to say anything lol :lol:

The good thing is, Adge only holds a grudge for a couple of years :wink: :D

19. Mangoletsi Subaru

Spoke to Adge yesterday, he didn't pick on me too much hehehehe. My car was parked right next to his, I have never got out of a car to check the door doesn't hit anything more carefully in my life hehehe

I can see I am going to be reminded of my little incident for a while to come hehehehe :oops: