power washer

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by mikey, Apr 3, 2014.

1. mikey

mikey Member

hi all ,I am considering buying a new power washer but I am a bit stumped as to which make,was going to buy a karcher but there are some good deals on nilfisk,does anybody have any opinions or advice on which to go for,thanks

2. st3vo

st3vo New Member

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POWERPLUS-200 ... 5655a352f1

I've just bought this. Bought it for Headstone/Memorial restoration its got a very good gun with 4 different easily changeable heads for 2 different fan sprays, pencil type spray and low pressure 5.5hp petrol engine 3000psi pump.

makes mince meat out of 25 year old grime.

i was looking for diesel power steam cleaner but the are just stoopid money, so i settled for this and you could rig it up to hot water feed if u feel the need

absolute bargain at less than £370 1/2 price well 2/3 of the original price when u do your homework and it has 3 year warranty

3. mikey

mikey Member

I was only looking for a general purpose ,home use machine,that looks like a very good machine but a bit over the top for what I want ,thanks anyway

4. st3vo

st3vo New Member

ive gone thru like 6 of those crappy electric ones in past 2 to 3 years at like £120 each aim for one with an engine

if it gets knocked over while switched on the electric motor locks up and breaks, if you use it too long without stopping they over heat and burn out and they are all weak pressure

5. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

I have had a karcher one for the last 6 years and still going strong. Cost about £120 :wink:

6. st3vo

st3vo New Member

you never clean anything?

7. Torque

Torque Active Member

I have a nilfisk, had it for about 5 years - superb machine.

8. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Nilfisk here and never let me down! :wink:

9. Tony Burns

Tony Burns New Member

Nilfisk also, built properly to start with ;)

10. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

'Cheapo - cheapy cheap one' here... :lol:

Had it for 15 years or more - still going strong - except that when you cut the wash it reduces power on the water jet until you remove the end part of the lance and shake the water out - then when you press the trigger again all is good :shock: Never figured out what that was... but not too much hassle when you know the solution :lol:

Got a loan of a mates petrol powered one... V. powerful... but VERY NOISY!!! :mrgreen: