Thick Snow!

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by trumpettrouserspablo, Jan 20, 2014.

1. I am praying to the snow gods,when I bought my car,the seller gave me a full new set of brand new snow tyres on steel rims.So when I put these on I can put my alloys in for refurb,PLEASE!PLEASE!PLEASE! Snow and lots of lovely ice!!! :p

2. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like you've got the hang of this Scooby thing already :lol:

Mine are on, Toboggan and Snow Scooter bought :lol: :lol: :lol:

3. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Snap, snow tyres fitted to mine and the mrs car, after reports of bad winter coming, ummmm yet to see it

4. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Can't see the point on a Scoob, never in 10 years of ownership have i got stuck in any of my cars and for the 2-3 days a year we get snow deep enough to cause a problem the cost seems to out-weigh the necessity, IMO.

Might get 2 for the front of my Clio though :roll: :lol: :lol:

5. New Photo!

Hi Chaps,

Change my picture!

6. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Crossover point is 7ÂșC apparently - so if it is consistently lower temp than that then winter tyres will perform better than summer ones due to being made from a softer compound...

I agree with Kev though - I have never had any problems on summer tyres with any of my Scoobs in the winter - so never had enough pressure to bother shelling out for a set rims and winters... I think it's a good idea in principle - and should be much more noticeable on a 2 wheel drive. Best to do all 4 tyres though - if you have more grip at the front than at the back you risk a spin under braking if they lose traction!

Mostly you are limited by other idiots on the roads though - one of them gets stuck and everyone behind them is stuck as well :( - and if you can brake in time, somebody else will probably come sliding into the back of you :roll:

7. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

My hawk had dccd and potenza 're070 tyre which were semi slick and last year it gout us out with no drama when we had snow drifts lol. Beast

8. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Sod if it's a necessity or not, it's an excuse for a change and a chance to get the good set off and thoroughly cleaned and waxed up ready for the summer :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Never had any probs with my summers (all seasons) on in winter either :wink:

9. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Snow tyres! No Need for them :wink:

10. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

310bhp + fwd lol

For me anyway