car tax

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by markscooby, Dec 5, 2013.

1. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

2. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Let me guess it will go up as well to pay for the whole system to go electronic penalising the motorist again
    :evil: :evil:

3. Torque

Torque Active Member

The whole Autumn Statement is going to be a kick in the teeth for a lot of people.

It's the financial institutions which are largely to blame for the mess that the World is in at the moment, THEY should be the ones made to suffer not the general public :evil:

4. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Good comment here...

5. Will they pass on the cost saving from not printing & distributing all the discs ?
    I very much doubt it :cry: .

They should scrap the entire thing and if necassary add it to the cost of fuel - the more you burn / use the roads, the more you pay - simples :wink:

6. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Also, what about buying / selling second hand cars; how are you going to prove that its taxed?

7. thunderousity

thunderousity Member

Its about time.

Direct Debit is a good thing.

Although the whole process of taxing a car should be scrapped. Add it to the cost of fuel
    A much fairer way of taxing the motorist especially those low mileage users like me :) and save the cost of administering car tax.

8. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Overall cost of removing the tax disc will see an increase of approx 10 %, but that is expected to reduce that to 5% on release. This wil ldepend on the market conditions in April 2015

They are then going to charge an additional 5% if you want to pay monthly. You can pay 6 monthly, like now but this will be 10% more expensive than paying for a year, like now.

9. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

The theory is, as you purchase the car, you will sue your smart phone to tax the vehicle, prior to driving it the first time. Then, you can haggle with the seller if they havent taxed it.

The potential is that failing to do the check prior to purchasing, they can say its taxed, but you would need to see a reciept from the DVLA or check it on your smart phone, for a cost of.... £6 through the DVLA?

hmmm cash is only going 1 way at this point.

What would stop the seller, as soon as you drive off with the car, claiming back his tax payment electronically? So you drive knowing you have tax, then 3 weeks later get pulled.... for no tax...

10. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Getting rid of mot certificates too app

11. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

they could do with getting rid of speed camera's

12. Graphite

I think the plan is that once everyone is terrified of large fuel costs and has converted to little ECO-Boxes that do 150 mpg and a max speed of 46 mph and 0- err... 46 in 3 minutes... and never leave the cities, then we can dispense with the need for speed cameras :lol:

13. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

ive been flashed by the speed camera on parbold hill on my pushbike only thing it got was my arse in my bmc shorts

14. Graphite

LOL - nice one :lol:

15. Batman4583

Batman4583 New Member

Just got my car tax renewal letter.
    £490.00 for 12 months.
    Wouldn't mind if we decent roads to drive on.

16. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member