Endoscopy

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by blackpoolrock, Nov 8, 2013.

1. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Went for one today at royal preston hospital, opted for sedation. Came 2 and got told I don't have it done as I punched the doctor and ruled all the stuff from my mouth. Apparently I need general anaesthetic and for that I need to go privet! Anyone had it done ad how did you get on ?

On the up side princess Anne was in the shop all her body guards were there and police had it closed off.

Then saw a rolling road t pack thing I the m55 involving a golf and loads of plod - literally got the last bit as they slowed him down to a stop the all piled out and smashed his windows.

2. thenewgalaxy

thenewgalaxy Member

Performed a fair few when I was at Preston to place PEGS as part of head and neck majors. Also taken a few endoscopic biopsies.

It's a straightforward and routine procedure John little to worry about really. Main risks are bruising, minor swelling, minor pain and maybe a little bleeding.

Must be a trust policy that they don't do it under GA I'm assuming to reduce complications for minor procedures, the reason they give the sedation is to relax all the muscles in your throat.

3. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

It just don't work for me - I have no recollection of it to be fair but apparently I was fighting and pulling at stuff from the very beginning. They couldn't get the scope near me !

Ill have to do some research

4. matt

matt Member

I had it done a couple of years ago, the worst bit was winding myself up in the waiting room, was pretty straightforward when they actually did it.

5. markscooby

markscooby Active Member