Monte Carlo Or Bust

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Tenbags, Jun 23, 2013.

1. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Hi all, I did the Screwball Rally last year for the NSPCC/ Royal Manchester Childrens hospital and won best fundraiser. On the 11th of July me and the gang are doing the monte carlo or bust banger rally in aid of Royal Manchester childrens hospital/ Ronald McDonald house and a new charity that has been set up 'children of Rossendale' which helps the less fortunate families with kids give them treats that other kids take for granted. I haven't posted this wanting donations etc I just wanted to share the cars with you guys and if you've got kids and the pics make them smile then that's what matters in my eyes. We took the puma and Suzuki last year and for the last few weeks me and my mate have been working on 'Sarge' a 30 yr old dahaitsu F50 jeep in our spare time. I just want to add that me and my mate are not in the motor trade by any means and did these for fun. There is a website for the cars http://www.car95.co.uk but most up to date stuff goes on twitter, just search for team sparky.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. st3vo

st3vo New Member

nice job all round, and for good cause too.

3. Shmerman

Shmerman Active Member

Looks like hard work and good fun rolled into one. I can empathise on how difficult these challenges can be. I did a 10th day rally across Europe in 2010, very long days with a 10k run thrown in at the end of every day. It was a fantastic experience but bloody hard work.

I gave always wanted to go to Monte Carlo. What was it like then you got there?

4. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Cheers for your comments, last year was hard work coz we stopped on campsites and the weather was terrible so we were wet all week and the driving conditions over the passes were terrible, I'm setting off in just over 3 weeks and should be in Monte Carlo on 14th July, we are doing Reims goux racetrack tour and Monaco tour on way so get to drive our cars round so can't wait for that( if they make it)!