Mudflaps

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Tenbags, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Hi all, I've read several posts about mudflaps but haven't quite got the answers I want, first of all I'm after a full set of black mudflaps for a black hawkeye wrx, but with having the standard alloys on with 215 wide tyres would the flaps make the tyres look even skinnier? I've tried searching for pics on tinternet but o luck, also there are certain thicknesses about with 3mm being the most common, are these solid enough not to flap around or is there a more rigid set out there? Are the fixing brackets more or less the same on all mudflaps even though different manufacturers? I am watching 3 different sets on eBay but can't make my mind up coz I'd like to have someone's experience on these, I've got cash ready if there is someone on here that sells them or even can point me in the right direction, cheers guys.

2. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

Hi mate I think most come from performance creations and they are spot on .as your driving on the motorway they don't flap around they just sort of curve back at speed .i think all the brackets are about the same as they have to line up with the standard holes ,plus you don't want them fixed to solid in case you catch them reversing ,you want the mud flap to pull off not your bumper .as for the tyres I think they make the car look wider from the back and it might help from the side as there will be no line to judge were the edge of the wheel arch is if you know what I mean its all just black :?

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Have a good look through the Picture Gallery especially the LADS meet pics, there are loads in there, most people go for the Performance Creations versions and even tho I personally haven't got those ones, I have only heard good things about them.
    What about a 'post your Flaps pics' thread to help :wink:

4. st3vo

st3vo New Member

when i fit my scoobyworld mudflaps looking at them from the rear they are not completely vertical they slope outwards ever so slightly is this normal?

ill take a pic tomorrow and post it ...

im also interested in getting a new gear knob but not sure which one to go for.

so if anyone would post some pics of knobs and flaps id appreciate it :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

ive got a few sets of brackets i laser cut in stainless and patterns to cut mud flaps out yourself if you want them terry, you can buy 3-4mm mudflap material cheap mate, then all you need is some fixing clips from car shop

6. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

I have Scoobyworld ones through a group buy & quite happy with them, I would recommend them

7. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

8. klunker

klunker New Member

I've had performance creation ones on all of mine.

Bargain and well made, the brackets are stainless steel and come with all fixings and pop-screws.

With my classic, I did go and get fatter pop-screws as I thought they were a bit loose.

But my blob I used the ones provided.
    As said, they curve back out of the way when you are driving and have enough give when you touch the kerb you don't trail your bumper off.

Best mod you can do to the looks of your Scoob in my opinion.
    Makes the car lower and wider straight away even with stock alloys and tyres. 8)

9. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Thanks to you all who took the time to reply, all answers/opinions were welcomed. Thanks to Jason(jwrx) I appreciate you could knock me up some brackets and the fact you're close by is tempting but I'd rather for the money just buy some and if not happy I'll sell them on, the performance creation ones look good and same price as scoobyworld ish and the fact you can choose any colour and stickers is great but the fact that scoobyworld claim lifetime guarantee and if you lose a flap or damage it they will replace it really sounds a good deal. I don't know if I want stickers on coz I'm aiming for the all black stealth look( even though I've got bright green calipers) and the WRX lettering looks crap compared to the classy STI ( in my eyes no offence) so prob go plain black, I suppose though if there's a LADS discount at Scoobyworld it'd make it a bit sweeter;) cheers for your input guys I'll make a purchase one way or another as soon as the wife's backs turned!;)

10. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

:lol:

Nice one :wink:

11. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

Well, I've gone and done it, she's just nipped to the gym so I've just ordered a set of performance creations plain black 4mm thick flaps, lets hope they do the trick when they turn up;) Thanks to all your comments chaps much appreciated.

12. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

8) There good stuff and Ian the guy at Performance Creations is a great guy !!

13. Fleetster

Fleetster Member

I need to get some mudflaps really... £65 is a lot of petrol though 8)

14. Tenbags

Tenbags New Member

I'm really pleased with the mudflaps I bought it really gives the car a stance now, was sceptical at first but not only do they look the dogs they have actually kept the car cleaner:)

15. Fleetster

Fleetster Member

i reallly do need some.... anyone had any problems with them ripping off?
    I have to reverse up to a kerb at work and worried i'll damage them :?

16. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Perhaps I'm a bit late here Steve and you've got your knob sorted :lol:

But I like the classic STi black leather with red stitch...

[​IMG]

In fact I like it so much I did the rest of my interior to match :mrgreen:

17. st3vo

st3vo New Member

looks mint that mick. i like it its got a touch of class to it 8)

18. Fleetster

Fleetster Member

That does look good, like the red stiching :)