Getting the Itch

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by KEV C, Mar 12, 2013.

1. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Well, i've had the Bugeye 2 years and my favourite passtime over the last couple of weeks is looking at new motors :roll:

There is absolutely nothing wrong with mine, i'm just bored.

Only thing i've seen that floats my boat that i can afford is a Audi TT Quattro but i think i'd regret selling the scoob and get bored real quick.

Somebody do me favour and talk me out of it :wink: :lol:

2. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Didn't know you did hairdressing in your spare time? :lol:

3. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

In all honesty the 1.8t lump is pretty potent, ESP if its the bam engine, that's what was in my Leon you drove that time. Can be mapped to 280bhp quite easily really.

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Think how much money you'll save not changing it and then getting another, remember the Corsa?

Michael

5. tharrington

tharrington Active Member

Can you afford to keep the Scoob & buy the TT? Long shot!

6. Silver Angel

Silver Angel Active Member

check out obey1 thread on here his scooby crash, he had a audi quattro sportline delivered today as courtesy car pics up 8) very nice

7. KEV C

No, or i'd upgrade to an STI Blob probably.

I think i've just come up with a master plan which may mean me keeping it. I know for certain i'd regret it because i have done every other time but i'm bored with it at the minute.

8. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

whats the plan kev keep the bacon buttys down to just 2 a day .. :lol:

9. scalesy

scalesy New Member

A change is good m8 if thats what you feel the need to do I know that feeling well looking at cars and buying them ha ha! All good fun m8 been looking at e46 M3's again myself :lol:

10. KEV C

Looked at M3's but theres some real dogs about.

Phone call to someone tomorrow then watch the For Sale thread, hopefully if i get the right answers i'll decide to keep the motor :p

11. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

BMW m3's cost more than scoobs to mend if they break, and as you say there's alot of dogs,

12. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

A place in Wigan has some great M3 E46's in, got quite a few , been looking myself .

13. KEV C

Seen all his stuff, not cheap but looks decent but too pricey for me. I know loads of people who have gone down that route after having a scoob and got bored real quick and ended up back in a scoob.

As with all second hand stuff, you don't know what you're buying, maybe its better the devil you know.......with something nice added :lol:

See, i'm talking myself round lol

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You've taken a common sense pil :D

Michael

15. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Lol I only do clean examples of the car I am looking for :wink: Some times the Devil you know can get very boring its not always about power neither! AWD can feel very boring at times I keep finding myself wanting some Rwd Action! If not a M3 maybe a DCCD 6 Speed box or a wide track STI :D

16. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Lol I only do clean examples of the car I am looking for :wink: Some times the Devil you know can get very boring its not always about power neither AWD can feel very boring at times I feel like some Rwd Action but need too sell or brake mine first! :roll:

17. Its amazing how many people are jumping out of their scoobs and evo's at the moment and going for the rear wheel drive option. M3's are excellent cars and sound fantastic with a few extra tweeks and great fun but you are right to take your time looking as there are alot of dogs out there. Just stick to the usual rules of full service history, low owners, reasonable mileage etc.......

:wink:

18. blackpoolrock

blackpoolrock New Member

Forget what the others say about the txt picking up being a good car etc.

As you may know I have a few cars at my disposal including currently a new Porsche 997 turbo S - 0-60 3.2 seconds - 4 wheel drive - great looks etc

The one car I go to everyday is the scooby - the one car I hate being away from me in the garage - the scooby. If I've not driven it for a few days I miss it. I did go through a stage of being bored with it but a few choice mods has made me smile every single time I get in it - it's a car with a soul! It is in all honesty the only car I would not be with out.

Get an sti you will love it all over again I guarantee you !

The tt is made for woman and the masses - yes granted it will be great for a while - but drive one for a few weeks then jump back in a scoob and I'd hae money you'll enjoy the scoob more !

19. KEV C

As much as like the M3's, i simply couldn't afford the excessive service bills or spare parts prices.

The other problem i have is that in reality i'd be putting my car out there for sale amongst 100's of other scoobs and as soon as i put a price on what i think it's worth, you'll get all the idiots jumping in saying that you can get this and that for the same money.

Gav, me and you need to talk today :wink:

20. Sub BLT

Sub BLT New Member

TT's have a problem with the oil pick up pipe ,something to do with a badly designed sump all the oil sits in a well that the pick up pipe carnt reach ,as my sister found out to the cost of a new engine .............plus she's a woman and has never heard of servicing a car :lol: :lol: