HUGE MEET for 11 year old boy with only 4 weeks to live.

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by dave-w-, Aug 28, 2012.

1. dave-w-

dave-w- Well-Known Member

2. Belly

Belly Member

This is truly awful and upsetting, god knows what the family is going through and my thoughts are with them :(
    I will check my rota at work and will definitely try and get over to this, it just really does put a lot into perspective.
    Andy

3. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

Just logged on to post this, very upsetting.

I don't get on the forums these days, but SDB sent me the link - I don't have any fast cars any more to take along but it's an excellent cause to give the lad a good send off.

Such a terrible thing for a dad to have to go through.

4. pete_h

pete_h Member

shame i am on holiday that day or i would have definatley made the journey across. Its a terrible situation to be in. :(

5. Dream Weaver

Dream Weaver Member

I edited the thread title to give it more impact, hope you don't mind Dave.

6. mrsm12stx

mrsm12stx New Member

Unfortunately, we are away that weekend but would deffinately have made the journey. We have friends in a similar situation (although he has a little longer than 4 weeks) and it is truely devastating for all concerned. :(

7. Braggy71

Braggy71 Well-Known Member

I would have loved to have gone to support this, but already have plans that we cannot change for that weekend. Such a shame :( :( :cry: Looks like there is going to be agreat support for this just hope that some others can attend on behalf of LADS to show our support.

8. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

We are in Scarborough that weekend, but I will see if I can make it over in the Saturday, a truely heart wrenching story especially as a parent myself.
    God love em. Darren + Clare.

9. davetwr1

davetwr1 Member

this family must be going through hell lets try and grant this lad a great day i will be going to show my support and hope many lads can do the same :cry:

10. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Put me down for this One! The poor lad is the same age as my little Girl :roll: no justice in this World! And also posted on my Fb page

11. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Are LADS doing this? I should hope so every other car club in the North of England are.

Michael

12. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Right I am putting my name down on ScoobyNet! List Anyone else?

13. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

This is a very sad time for this little boy and his family as well as the daunting time they have ahead of them and beyong :(

Words cannot express what they will be going through.

Unfortunately I'm away that weekend so sadly I'm not going to be able to make it either, but those that wish to put their names down and represent LADS at it's highest level please do so.

I'm gutted I can't make it, my thoughts go out to his family.

Dave
    LADS Admin

14. Watky

Watky New Member

My Alex is the same age!!! Can't comprehend what the family are going through

My deepest thoughts go out to them! Gutted I won't be able to make it

15. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I'm in and i've mentioned it to my slow and low customers :wink:

Michael

16. covak2002

covak2002 Active Member

iam up for this hopefully get all clear on scooby friday but would be a good run

17. cross

cross Member

poor little bugger, im in :cry: :cry:

18. rottweiler

rottweiler New Member

count me in as well. can we arrange a meeting place and go in convoy. sad news

19. ScoobyDaz

ScoobyDaz Member

Just an update, Prodrive and M-Sport have stepped in and little fella will be getting the guided tours, Prodrive will be unwrapping Richard and Colin's cars.
    You have got to love the Motorsport community.

20. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

Very sad news indeed, I will be going and if anyone wants to meet at Birch Services around 11:00 then add your name..

1 Garyboxer