New member. First Subaru

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by Scoobys, Apr 12, 2012.

1. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Welcome Steve to LADS :D

2. Belly

Belly Member

You've got a good looking scooby the bud, I'd keep it as it is mate.
    Welcome along ;)

3. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

+1 on that, I quite like the wheels and the big ironing board :lol: don't like the lights, just do swapsies with scoobaru mad :lol:

Welcome to LADS Steve, check if it has had a Prodrive PPP package fitted (Walbro fuel pump, Blue intercooler pipe, Rear exhaust and Prodrive map - this takes WRXs up to 260/265bhp, you may have a Prodrive certificate in the paperwork) :wink:

Next door has an RX8 Ltd edition in dolphin grey, love the unusual looks of them, and his seats are gorgeous....but can't compare on road :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

4. Scoobys

Scoobys New Member

Cheers, I will look. It's just the daft price of tyres for the 19''s. I can get a set of 17'' wheels and decent tyres off Ebay for £500 and then sell the 19's for £150 or so.It'll cost me about £700 for decent tyres alone on the 19's.

Re engine ugrades. Does this pic help?

Re the RX-8, it was a pain to own, crap on fuel and was only an 06 but with quite a few rust issues. My MX-5 NB is a lot more fun and is twice as good on fuel!

[​IMG] :D

5. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Clue is the blue pipe underneath your intercooler, if it's got Prodrive on it in white (You cannot buy these new on their own, only available as part of PPP Package = obviously you can buy them 2nd hand offa fleabay now)

Can someone confirm if it's had the PPP fitted then the ECU should have a prodrive sticker on it? This is in your passenger footwell underneath the carpet and underneath a cover :wink:

6. cross

cross Member

oreet n welcome, good choice mate :D :D