LADS Rolling Road Day @ Prosport 3rd March 2012

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by ELV1S, Jan 24, 2012.

1. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

cool figures 8)

2. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

So you weren't driving mine as well as yours then Gaz...? :lol:

Dave - can you update the results post with my details please pal? 8)

3. Watky

Watky New Member

Congrats guys, some great numbers there.........especially Lee's beast

4. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Good day today, didn't go on rollers myself, but there was a fair collection of cars there 8) 8) 8)

Nice to have a chat with most of the LADS and a BIG THANKS to Gaz for the ride in your Spec C, I am smitten mate love it 8)

5. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Some very good figures there 8) 8)

6. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

Good day today for me too, even I didn't come in my car. Thanks to Steve (Batman) for giving me lift there and Mick (Graphite) for taking me back home and letting me to drive his Legacy, I like that car very much :D .

Some good figures as well. 8) 8)

I'm just sorting pictures now, I will try to post them tomorrow. :)

7. jonboy

jonboy New Member

Thanks for a great day..

Was good to catch up with some old faces and meet some new 1s..

Thanks goes out to dave for adding me on last minute as i was unsure and to pete for another good rolling road day...

8. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Great day, thanks to Dave, Pete and his helpers. :D As jonboy says, good to meet newbies and oldies alike!! :wink:

9. Blingscooby

Blingscooby Active Member

Good catch up peeps top job to everyone involved.

Well chuffed with the Seats figures 8)

10. Neil

Neil Active Member

Some, erm, interesting results there... :lol:

Lee's car must be the most powerful Subaru on a Lads RR day to date..?

11. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

Think I'd agree with that Neil. :D

12. Toffee

Toffee New Member

Not to sure what has been reached previously?? After mapping at Tracktive on the hub dyno Rich stated my car stats were 607bhp / 531ft lbs :D

I think with the Prosport rollers being tyre driven, cold temps and slightly damp tyres my car was spinning up, Edmy showed me this on my graph > you can see were the bhp starts to jump and the torque drops off. Without people jumping in the boot to assist traction I think this was the most accurate reading that could be achieved yesterday.

I know Andy Hughes and Neil Shaw have had better figures previously although this was using race fuels and were not on a LADS RR day.

Lee.

13. Turbopercy

Turbopercy New Member

Shame you didnt get 1 extra bhp lee you could have nicknamed the car the blue devil lol

14. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

I only have a graph of my car from 6 years ago when it pulled 357/358 on powerstations rollers on the 8th Feb 2006, Going through my paperwork this also included 3" decat downpipe/3 port/ecutek/panel filter and a bill for £1052, I cant find any more paperwork for the rest of the exhaust system and any subsequent map tweeks (if there have been any?)

My reason for putting it on the dyno was to see if it was still doing the same as it was back then, Its possible the previous owner had more work done but i`m only guessing here as i have no paperwork to back it up.

I really believe that a standard VF36 will NOT hit 400+Hp(Torque Yes) without having anywork done to it(eg Ported exhaust housing or Hybrid wheel etc..) so i`m taking my result with a pinch of salt as its been said many times in the past how it performs on the black stuff that matters and i love it :D

Only way i`ll find out is if i take the turbo off but cant really be bothered with that, Just gonna drive it and enjoy it, Its quick enough for me and dont really want to start messing with it 8)

Its ironic that last rolling road people were dissapointed with there figures for being too low and now i`m questioning mine for being too high :lol: :lol:

Seriously though was a great day out and an interesting result.

Gaz.

15. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Wow 600+ bhp :shock:

Seems like it was n't so long ago everyone wanted 300 then 400 bhp :D

16. JET

JET New Member

Lee/Toffee - 665/447 That is so cool 8)

17. Toffee

Toffee New Member

phew!!!! my project title was "mission 600+" thank god it wasnt 599hp :lol:

18. Simmy

Simmy Member

Thanks to Dave for organising yesterday, and the lads at Prosport, was an interesting day and picked up some really useful tips and advice - oh and the cars were spectacular as ever. Think I want a Focus ST now after listening to that sweet exhaust note, esp as I seem to be driving a GB236!

Need to get that sorted, its certainly perked up after Pete reset the ECU, but it does have a fault which could be the airflow meter...

I'm just a little confused with the power and torque figures tho - how can the torque output be what it should be when the power is down? Surely it's the torque of the engine which determines the power output in the first place?

Who is technical enough to explain...?!

19. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Enjoyed the rolling road yesterday thanks everyone who organised it, good to meet some of you guys, some cracking looking motors on show. Was a bit disapointed with 303bhp, was expecting above 500 bhp after fitting my new LADS stickers in the windows :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks Scoobydan for bringing me the backbox, fitted it today, it sounds spot on, a lot better than i thought it would sound, cheers bud :wink:

20. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

rr result

well after going to the rr and result not to good been to see andrew c today been on the dyno dastek and wow well happy 341 bhp 8) 8)
    result from 291 bhp at rr