Bov vacuum pipe

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Jwrx, Mar 1, 2012.

1. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

Should air be sucking into the trumpet by the vacuum pipe?

2. njberrie

njberrie New Member

im guessing you mean the outlet trumpet which in that case no it shouldnt be sucking in on idle or untill its dumped.

3. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

Yeah, guess ive bought a faulty valve, keep getting p0171 code, I've put the standard valve back on for now, cheers

4. njberrie

njberrie New Member

may be worth stripping and cleaning it out or leave it soaking in an oil degreaser over night

5. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

It's brand new, just bought it, it seals ok to the intercooler there's nothing to seal the piston from the vac pipe side.

6. njberrie

njberrie New Member

Have you got a pic bud

7. JET

JET New Member

Have you sealed off the recirc pipe (only needs doing if you have replaced the original recirc Valve with a BOV), usually you put a bung in the end

P0171 is system too lean Bank 1 BTW (not good for your engine at all bud)

8. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

hav you got the right one as i think there r two types if i remember i went to demon tweeks and they asked what it was for.... I think, its been a few year :oops:
    was just looking round this might help
    http://www.balancemotorsport.co.uk/main ... dumpvalves
    Not read it all so :?: whats there

9. Jwrx

Jwrx Active Member

Yeah the put a bung in and its an 07 valve, im sure I fit it right, now it's off you can suck air thru it, thats a good read on the gfb site, I had a baileys on my bug with no probs I know Andy c was never a fan of bovs so prob leave STD recirc one on

10. dogma1

dogma1 New Member

i had a baileys on mine.... only had a small problem when it sounded like i had a cow under the bonnet. it made everyone turn round and look but not in a good way.