Meister R coilovers

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by gazp1, Feb 14, 2012.

1. gazp1

gazp1 Member

Has anyone got these fitted?

If so can i have an honest opinion of them?

I dont kno wether to get these or the BC ones, but i have heard of quality and knocking issues on the BCs.

Thanks for your help

2. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

I think Mel and Phil and possibly Andy ( that scooby rocks) both have these on their hawkeyes . I think Speed Factory sell them .
    My BC's are a couple of years old now and I am very happy with them .

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Take you out in mine if you fancy seeing how they feel, im in Wigan :wink:

4. gazp1

gazp1 Member

Cheers Jak i will be in touch

5. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Gaz,

I like them for the price I paid £629, the colour looks good in the engine bay bay, diy fit and easy to change the ride height, damper settings. Lots fitted to Honda's.

I can't say that I don't get the odd knock now and then though :? But the handling is much better now on the car so it was worth it.

6. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

Andy ,

I was convinced that my BC's were knocking but it turned out to be worn rear drop links and worn rear arb bushes . Might be worth a look ?

7. The BC's are a very good coilover for the money and we can still supply them if need be but we do tend to favour the Meister-R's for a few reasons. The Meister's were originally designed for the UK roads so they are stronger and designed with uneven road surfaces in mind.....basically they can take more of a beating and handle slightly better. Also they feel alot smoother in everyday use with soaking up the bumps better.

Parts are much more readily available as the coilover is manufactured here in the UK, should a fault arise the part is sent over night rather than having to wait upto a couple of months so the support is excellent. You only have to put the 2 coilovers next to each other to see the quality difference and for an extra £50 the Meisters are very much worth the extra few quid for the comfort factor, handling, support and overall quality.

The only thing is that Meister are reviewing their costs and there will be a price hike due to the cost of UK manufacturing so depending on how much it will be will dictate whether they remain as popular as they are.........I think they will as I still feel they are under priced for what they are. :wink:

8. gazp1

gazp1 Member

Thanks for all the replies

It is appreciated

9. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Dan I'll take a look, thanks.

Andy