Really Hacked-Off by Horses

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by TunnelMeister, Jul 7, 2011.

1. TunnelMeister

TunnelMeister Lifetime & Founder Member

At least they should make 3rd Party Cover compulsory.

Not that insurance would put it right but our grandson was sat next to the window on the side the horse hit, imagine if it had kicked out..... I can't even begin to think about it. :( :x

If paying for cover was compulsory owners/riders would not feel so bulletproof and think twice when in public. Having a no claims to protection focuses the mind eh? :wink:

2. Scottydog

Scottydog New Member

Maybe ask Honest John .com (Saturday Telegraph); he usually has good advice in these circumstances. Good luck.

3. TunnelMeister

Thanks, concentrating on getting the car sorted now. Sueing their ass off will be next.

4. p shore sti

p shore sti New Member

horse

shoot the horse owner sell the horse!
    not on at all that!

5. JET

JET New Member

Some interesting information on this link Steve, especially around the Horse riders and owners Duty of Care, The following may apply to you with it being a hired horse and the rider not being familiar with it:

"the Court will consider whether the horse rider knew that there was a risk of the accident occurring and whether a reasonable horse rider in the same situation would have realised that there was a risk of the accident occurring".

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/faq/horse-rider-liability/

6. TunnelMeister

Thanks for that Gary. I had seen similar articles, if the owner is hiring as a business, he must also have public liability insurance. Just waiting for formal estimate for repairs, then it's being put in the hands of our solicitor.

I'll post how things develop and remember, 'horses put a dent in more than your car!'

Cheers.