Which car??

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by scooby251, May 5, 2011.

1. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

I have a mondeo st tdci and it really had it's day.

I just don't know what to get, want some thing sporty looking and good on fuel as I do 25,000 plus a year (all motorway miles) :roll:

Any suggestions? Think it will have to be another diesel
    (needs to be a 4 door and no smaller than a focus)

2. nevo

nevo New Member

Got a St Tdci as well bud .

Had it for a good few years now and i have been thinking of changing aswell.

Only prob is cant find much with the loadspace , comfort , Economy , Toys and performance of the old oilburner for a good price.

3. scooby251

I really like the car, but it's got a horrible engine rattle and some times coughs out black smoke at start up. Think the injectors on on their a**e. I would consider having them replaced and keeping the car if I could find a good place near by to do it. I know it's costly especially now the car has done 120k
    I believe you need the injectors coding once fitted - what ever that means???

4. Philh

Philh Member

Oil Burner

You've probably seen my "fire engine" at the monthly meets. I got the car 18 months ago for driving to London and Scotland through work and can't fault it.

It's a Volvo V50 D5 R-Design and has a 2.4 litre 5 cylinder diesel and is 180 bhp standard (and if you want a £350 remap could take you to 240 ish). It averages 40 mpg (with my heavy left foot) and I've done about 32,000 miles in the last 18 months with no problems at all.

5. Mackers_WRX

Mackers_WRX Member

stamping on a clutch with a heavy left foot is not recommended :lol:

and if you like the mondeo so much why not look for another one im sure if you look hard enough somone will have had one as a mobility car with low miles on it :D

6. Philh

Philh Member

OK ...... right foot then :lol:

7. Mackers_WRX

Mackers_WRX Member

8. scooby251

I love the car but wouldn't buy another :roll:

The diesel st models are well known for engine rattle and injectors going after 60k I would just be in the same position in the near future if I got another :roll:

Maybe I should find some where that will change the injectors

9. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

just get your old injectors recond and get your timming chain done i give u a number for a guy last year who does most of mondeo taxis in wigan and leigh if u get them reg serviced they will do 200k no probs

10. scooby251

Oh yes I remember, I did phone him but I struggled to get to him with the work situation.
    I will dig out his number again, cheers mark :wink:

11. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

My mrs has just decided on a new motor and going to get an 06 Plate Saab 9-3 Vector Sport Estate 1.9 tdi (150bhp) on sat, Decent runners and go for miles in comfort :D Sat Nav, 6-speed tiptronic paddle shift, etc :lol:

Got a few miles on the clock but for 3.2K and her passatt its a bargain

12. LeeDee

LeeDee New Member

Walsh and Midgley in Darwen recon injectors. They did mine for my Landy 200TDi. Can't remember how much, wasn't cheap, but not had a problem since. They're on Bolton Road Just out of Darwen

13. JET

JET New Member

14. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Just get a gas conversion for the scoob ... :lol:

Michael

15. Gaz2293

Gaz2293 New Member

16. edmy716

edmy716 Member

We could do the injectors and code them too ;)

ant

17. markscooby

markscooby Active Member

ant ive a iveco tector clutch and flywheel job tomoz if u want that to . :roll:

18. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

get rid of it paul. think it has done its job for you :wink:

19. HYP1C

HYP1C Active Member

Get urself an M3 CSL, great fun, and holdin' there £

20. scooby251

I do like jets suggestion of the golf gt tdi.
    Any body had any experiences with them?