Cutting out / no power

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Scooby Stevo, Apr 1, 2011.

1. Scooby Stevo

Scooby Stevo Well-Known Member

Morning all,

yesterday on the way to work (short 3 mile drive) i nearly stalled my scooby, got to end of road and 2 mins later it hesitated around 35mph when slowly accelerating then cut out and i stopped. started up no problem and then was fine for rest of journey.
    Then on the way home the same thing happened, hesitated when accelerating slowly - normal driving around 35-40mph.
    Then this morning the exact same thing, doing around 35mph stuttered then cut out, started up and fine for rest of journey.

Anybody know what the problem is - cars been top for the last year hassle free.

Cheers in advance for any comments
    Stevo

2. Scooby Stevo

car gettng looked at on monday - possibly suspected maf - thanks for your replys :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

3. njberrie

njberrie New Member

didnt i hear you say you have an apexi mate if so put up your maf reading and chech that :wink:

4. Scooby Stevo

i don't know owt about them mate - off to CAMS on monday so Bri and Andrew can check it out - driving the car like miss daisy at the min :(

5. njberrie

njberrie New Member

lol fair play then buddy but seriously if you have an apexi fitted spend some time getting to know your way round they really are self diagnostic if used right

6. BARBARIAN

BARBARIAN New Member

Mine did this the code said maf but it was the fuel pump giving up luckily slik 50 came to my rescues at the roadside with a new pump we also ried the maf but my prob was the fuel pump

7. Scooby Stevo

just drove back home slowly today and knock was at 58

don't think the turbo has spooled up for the last 3 days

8. Scooby Stevo

All sorted and running bob on once again - down to a faulty Maf sensor - Big thanks to Andrew Carr at CAMS, we got there in the end.

Cheers!
    Stevo