Bleeding Air

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Calvin0770, Jan 23, 2011.

1. Calvin0770

Calvin0770 New Member

Fitting radiator sunday afternoon is there anything i need to do about about bleeding the air out the system apart from removing the filler cap ????

2. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

Turn your heater switch fully open (hot)
    Pour in your coolent.
    Start your car
    Leave it running with the Header tank cap OFF
    let it get up to temp
    It may sart bubbling and spilling out but thats fine.
    Wait untill the rad fans kick in and shut off
    Run your hand across the FRONT of your rad to make sure the stat has opened as it should and the heat is constant top to bottom, left right. DONT put your hands anywere near the fans :lol:
    You should be somewhere near full just keep checking it and topping up as needed over the next few runs.

3. Calvin0770

Calvin0770 New Member

Thanx for that it was a great help but i have another little problem now, my old Rad had only one fan but my new Ally Rad has two fitted with a connector on each, so my problem is how do i connect both fans up when there is only one plug in point or is there a second one somewhere i hane not found, it was getting dark when we finished. :?:

4. BARBARIAN

BARBARIAN New Member

Dont let owen tighten your hoses :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. daviesmondo

daviesmondo New Member

as far as i am aware mate the second fan is only for A/C so unless you want that jst leave it discoected.

6. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

Thanks mate :oops:

7. njberrie

njberrie New Member

Ive also been led to believe that the second fan is aircon however mine both come on together run together and go off together :roll:

and as i was discussing with ANDREWC the way in which they fit the relays and fuses pritty much means that should one pop the radiators are powered through the other ones :?

so whats the score there ??

8. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

No Idea but both of mine work together

9. njberrie

njberrie New Member

weird setup they are try taking one of the fuses or relays out and they still work lol.

If my car ever works for a full week il get round to pinning the board out and see hat the crack is

10. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

I have tried this and the bottom of the rad is cool and the top is hot :?
    Any more advice for me :?: :?: :?:

11. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

Have the fans kicked in Paul?

12. scooby251

Can't remember now, I will have another go, I have just been looking on net and as you said this could be my problem. The reason I can't remember is that the wrapping on the header set on fire when I was warming the car up :shock: so checking if the fan was running was not my priority at the time :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers owen :wink:

13. Slik50

Slik50 New Member

:lol: Shouldnt laugh but that made my chuckle :lol:
    Just sounds to me that it hasnt been hot enough to open your stat.

14. njberrie

njberrie New Member

faulty stat possibly ??
    or you sorted it paul ?

15. scooby251

I am pretty sure the fan kicked in when I put it in the garage last.
    I will have to wait till weekend to sort it, working away most of this week :wink:

Cheers fellas :wink:

16. njberrie

njberrie New Member

if fans are kicking in its obviously getting upto temp up top so id be betting on a sticky stat or such like mate try it in a pan 8)