Going to buy a Members car from a garage

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by wolverine67, Dec 5, 2009.

1. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Hi all sorry its been a big wait since my last post but the saga goes on .Andy as been a great help he's been so helpful ,but the dealers still have not sorted out the broken tein spring !.They now say it cannot be replaced until the new year but say they can get eibachs on are they any good and do you think a volvo / fiat/lotus place can set them up ok.Is the difference noticable betwen teins and eibach.Can any one give some advice please because im not that sure about the change?

2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Eibach are a good spring in fact they supply Prodrive I think.

Get the Eibachs on and have some fun. It will be a great Christmas present :D :D

3. whitep1

whitep1 Active Member

Just bought a set of P1 springs and they are Eibachs,so they cant be bad :)

4. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Thanks lads thats put my mind at rest :wink: eibachs it is.

5. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

Terry, that would be a big NOOOOOO

I had the Eibachs fitted first and they knocked like hell

I had them taken off and then changed to Tein they have been brilliant for the five years they have been fitted.

My advice - get the garage to knock money off and go to Prosport or Cotcomp or one of the other reputable and well recommended LADS garages to fit and set up the geometry

sorry to hear your having problems.

I'm chasing them as well for my car tax rebate - they are a nightmare to get any answers or even a call back.

Andy

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

wot garage is it /

7. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

Doves Preston Volvo - I part exd on new XC60

Cant say my first Volvo srvice experience is inspiring me of the things to come - but salesmen dont make the cars thank God !!!

Enjoying the snow with my xover SUV :D

Was on A6 in Preston last nigh and had a Blue newage with gold wheels behind me for a milli second - almost forgot I wasnt in the scoob and put my foot down - then I remebered :lol: but I still got 40mpg 8)

0 to 60 in 8.5 secs in just under 2 tonne (with the missus in) :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Well the beast is home at last Andy ,in the end they put a set of prodrives on and just drove 100 miles across snake pass and wow what a motor, she drives fantastic ,so impressed even with a good layer of snow down.As you get older theres only a few things that get you excited and ones a new car and wow i missed that certain something you can only get from a subaru.Ive had all sorts of cars over the years but not one of them have brought a smile to my face like the subarus have.My old one was a classic and boy did she go and look great too ,i sold due to a big course with my job which meant alot of miles and i got a passat tdi 130 a great car good on juice but the smile went the minute i sold the scooby :cry: well tonight its back :) what motors they are ,the sound ,performance,just pure joy to drive and like i said no other make as done what these do thats bring a smile to your face every day. :lol: Thanks lads and a big one to Andy the original owner from new for all the help and advice .I may live 100 miles away but i will keep in touch on this forum and keep you informed of the mods ive got planned ,thanks all Terry.

9. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

Nice to hear you got sorted Terry - I caled in Doves on Wednesday night to pick up my cheque and the sales gut grabbed me to say you had picked her up. I was surprised to hear the back springs had BOTH gone :shock:
    I must admit I havent been doing much driving in the weeks upto handing her over so hadnt really had to test the suspension. I reckon the new speedbump at work is to blame its pretty harsh even when u crawl over it !!!

Good luck and happy motoring :wink:

Andy

10. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Well Andy everything seems ok in the spring department :D no problems noticed.Sti interior now in her and got the back box a TSL group n 4 inch just got to get the rest of exhaust .Did not want it too loud.Going to get rest of exhaust but still dont know which bits i will need.I dont want it too loud but also want performance when its got remap put back on.