Going to buy a Members car from a garage

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by wolverine67, Dec 5, 2009.

1. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Hi all now this may sound like a strange request. Im in the process of buying a car from a dealers in Preston,which i was told a member on this site owned.I would like to find out if the owner still had the original bits that he took off of the car and find out if it would be possible to put the remap he had done back on as the garage would not px unless it was put back to factory spec ?.It is a wrx in wrb reg pk53 zsu.I live out at Worksop in notts and so the round trip is nearly 200 miles i really like the car but would love to found out more about her etc.Can anyone help please ?????? :) :)

2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Not a reg i recognize but others will be along soon :wink:

Welcome to LADS by the way Terry :D

3. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Thought I recognised the car and just checked my records, I know who's it was and will pass on your message Terry.

I do know that he was selling bits on here, I'm sure he will be along soon bud :wink:

Welcome to LADS Terry :)

5. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Thanks elv1s may i just add ive not bought the car yet only put small deposit down would just also like to know a bit more about her :p . Do you know if the ex owner actually uploaded any pics to the forum and if so where can i view them, thanks Terry

6. GWS73

GWS73 Active Member

I know the car well - its been a well looked after car, so should be a good buy!

7. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Such a shame found the car pics on forum Mcsoobydoo was owner and hes sold all the bits ,i would have paid alot more for them lol.If he had a remap does anyone know if its still on the car when its been put back to factory spec ?? can it basicaly be brought back to life ?? :cry: And thanks for the help lads :lol:

8. scalesy

scalesy New Member

Speak to Andrew C he is your man for a remap! :wink: will be doing mine! in the New Year! 8)

9. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Thanks bud

10. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

Welcome to LADS Terry :wink:

I know that car well and it was well looked after :wink:

good luck with the buy

Martin

11. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

wolverine67

yeh it was my car - traded it for a new XC60
    Fancied a bit of a change :D

The car is a good one - pm me if you want ant questions answering

The car still has the ECUTEK map in it and has a tracker fitted so you'll only need to pay a subscription fee

All bits sold but had it runnibg 310 bhp - didnt want to go silly with it and do any damage to the engine or gearbox

The car is fine and has served me well from new - you wont go wrong with it :)

It still has lowered springs fitted which I think gave it more attitude rest of the bits I left on are visual as u will already have seen.

all the best
    Andy

12. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Welcome to LADS. in my humble opinion this was one of the nicest looking cars in the club.

13. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

after yours Ian :lol:

14. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Thanks Andy for taking the time to reply to me.I will pm you regarding a few bits .Had my first subaru a few years ago and it was a classic and wow what a car brought a smile to my face every time i drove her ,but started a big course with my job which involved going to derby alot so had to sell ,got a passat tdi but its not the same :) .Now course is done and would like a impreza and yours caught my eye straight away.Once again thanks Andy and all the lads who have helped your a good bunch. :lol:

15. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

yhpm :)

all the best

Andy

btw - would anyone like to see the replacement for the scoob

:twisted:

16. Tarzan !!

Tarzan !! Well-Known Member

Already know what it is :D but stick some pictures up and lets have look.

17. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

Thanks Andy for the detailed reply :lol: going to go for the tsl back box and get the other bits over next few weeks .Pick her up on saturday cant wait :D .Thanks to you all for the help Tel.

18. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

Great to see the car go to a good home - not sure how I was going to feel when I parted company,

Enjoy

Andy

I'll post some pictures of my scooby replacement next week.

I'm off to Scotland to test it out along with testing my new bike on Ben Nevis :D

19. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Put your thermals on Andy it will be chilly up there, especially on a bike :shock: :wink:

20. wolverine67

wolverine67 New Member

I like biking Andy but on the good old tarmac on my felt f1.That must be good going up or around nevis wow what views.And get some pics on of car and your trip lol :D