Internet browser problems....HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by scooby251, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Any joy last night?

Some more posts from abithelp...

http://www.abithelp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=95

If you want me to find any actual links to stuff whilst your search is disabled just let me know. :lol:

All the best :D

Mick :mrgreen:

2. scooby251

scooby251 Well-Known Member

Hi I installed ad-aware and AGV and ran it. found a couple of problems and destroyed them.
    I am now seeing english words again :D
    I can now use Yahoo search engine on the toolbar. but the google search on the tool bar still dosn't work. :?

If i type the address is http://www.google.com or http://www.yahoo.com still displays the MS page saying down load spyware. :? :x

I will try the other links tonight :wink:

Thanks for all of the advice from everyone :wink: :wink:
    CHEERS

3. Torque

Torque Active Member

You're getting there which is a good sign.

CCleaner is a good tool which delves into the registry to clean up, hence you need to use it carefully.

4. JET

JET New Member

Nice one Paul, try logging in under a different profile and see if the problem is also under that profile (Vista & XP stores the browser history, favourites and other related stuff under the user profile), if the other profile is ok its another easy fix :wink:

5. blue555scoob

blue555scoob New Member

Maybe worth clicking the link to get the web address (that you don't want) then adding that web address to your website block list on your router (if using one) or your Anti Virus software. Also delete all Temp files including history etc, then do a full scan with Adaware & AVG in 'Safe Mode'

Just thought I would add my bit, good luck. :wink:

6. scooby251

Thanks Guys.

Couldn't do anything with it last night. Girlfriend fell down the stairs and did her ancle in, so we spent 3 hour at the hospital :roll:

7. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Sorry to hear that Paul - hope it's not too bad :cry:

Another post from abithelp...

'You are not alone' :lol: Not that it's much comfort, I know... :?

8. JET

JET New Member

Bloomin eck :shock: hope she is ok fella

9. scooby251

she is ok thanks. she reminds me that she is in pain every 5 minutes :lol: :lol:

10. wd40

wd40 Member

I had something similar a month or two ago, it was a malware attack (even though I run AVG and spybot).

To be honest, it was an arse to get rid of, I did use cc cleaner and....

SmitfraudFix.exe
    Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    sarsfx.exe
    Fixwareout.exe

I noticed mine due to the search engine going squiffy, but also if I tried to double click a drive icon in my computer, it came up with an error.

Right clicking the drive icon and explore worked fine.

It transipred that the malware had placed an autorun.inf (hidden) on any drive you try and access, which replicated on each drive (on the root of it). So any time you clicked on any drive infected, (even if you had cleaned it off any other drive) it replicated back to the others.

It also contained a DNS/proxy hijack (which was easily fixed changing the proxy settings in firefox and IE).

But, persistence with the above tools sorted it.

Mine was "svhost.exe" and sounds rather similar (though not the same) to yours.

if you search for the progs I listed above, I think you will sort it.