For ALL Subaru drivers

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by ELV1S, Oct 6, 2008.

1. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

And any members of our BBS that drive any fast sports cars to be honest guys, just read this on the P1 site, for info only :wink:

Passed on for info.

Just last weekend on Friday night we parked in a public parking area. As we drove away I noticed a sticker on the
    rear window of the car. When I took it off after I got home, it was a receipt for petrol. Luckily my friend told me not to
    stop as it could be someone waiting for me to get out of the car. Then we received this email yesterday:

'WARNING FROM WEST MIDLANDS POLICE BEWARE OF PAPER ON THE BACK WINDOW OF YOUR VEHICLE--NEW WAY TO
    DO CAR JACKINGS (NOT A JOKE)'
    You walk across the car parking , unlock your car and get inside. You start the engine and shift into Reverse.
    When you look into the rearview mirror to back out of your parking space, you notice a piece of paper stuck to the middle
    of the rear window. So, you shift into neutral, unlock your doors, and jump out of your car to remove that paper (or
    whatever it is) that is obstructing your view. When you reach the back of your car, that is when the carjackers appear out
    of nowhere, jump into your car and take off. They practically mow you down as they speed off in your car.
    And guess what, ladies? I bet your handbag is still in the car.
    So now the carjacker has your car, your home address, your money, and your keys. Your home and your whole identity are
    now compromised!

BEWARE OF THIS NEW SCHEME THAT IS NOW BEING USED.
    If you see a piece of paper stuck to your back window, just drive away. Remove the paper later. And be thankful that you
    read this e-mail. I hope you will forward this to friends and family, especially to women. A handbag contains all kinds of
    personal information and identification documents, and you certainly do NOT want this to fall into the wrong hands.

Please pass this on.

Be carefull out there

2. marc

marc New Member

3. pitcha44

pitcha44 New Member

was goin to say the same its been about for years :)

4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ah well you try and help people :oops: :D

5. pitcha44

pitcha44 New Member

i know you were :)

6. Gary

Gary Active Member

Suppose it's quite feasible though

7. marc

marc New Member

AH Bless :roll:

8. mufcdamo

mufcdamo New Member

lol was just reading it and trying to remember which hoax site i had seen it on

9. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Definitely worth posting :wink:

There are bound to be people on the site who are not aware of this particular hoax.

The other common one is a wheely bin across your drive. You start the car go to drive off, notice the wheely bin, jump out to move it leaving engine running, scum jump in the car and drive off.

What a sad society we live in :(

10. scoobydave

scoobydave New Member

Bloody hell Mick, how longs your drive, that you cant see a wheelie bin at the end of it, before you get in your car!

:lol: :lol:

11. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

12. JET

JET New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

13. scoobydave

scoobydave New Member

nice one Mick!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

14. The Stig

The Stig Member