Here She Is !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by KEV C, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Hope it sounds like this Kev!

Michael

2. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Lol, not quite Michael, the B8 is turbocharged and that one has had the x pipe done, makes a massive difference to the sound.

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. KEV C

Well, i was hoping it was a small job like a vacuum leak or solenoid but turned out to be worn inlet flap arms that needed replacing so off came the manifold. All sorted now though and booked in to have the Forge Oil cooler fitted at the end of May..................
    [​IMG]

All put back together:
    [​IMG]

4. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Gulp......

Its a fantastic car though. Hope its just driving pleasure now Kev and the odd gallon of fuel of course

5. KEV C

Once it's done it's done Mick, just have to pay card off again.
    Tbh, any other car and I'd have been running for the hills and looking to get shut but the guys at Unit 20 have assured me the car is nice and straight.
    Suppose they would say that though, they know I'm going back to have the cooler done

6. KEV C

Nice trip back down to Unit 20 yesterday to get the Forge Oil Cooler fitted, 3 hours of a job which meant front wheels and bumper off.

Trial fitting in better position, you can see in the picture the old cooler below the cross memebr that was absolutely goosed, especially the pipework:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

All put back together:
    [​IMG]

Another job whilst it was in was to replace the airbox solenoid valve, again, absolutely goosed. £80 for the part and 2 minutes to fit:
    [​IMG]

Cars now gone straight into Jakes for the rest of the week to get minted up :cool::cool::cool::cool:

7. ....cough, cough. ;)

8. KEV C

Total necessity Chris, if you'd seen the pipes on the oil cooler they were destroyed. The forge cooler was £500 cheaper than a OEM one from Audi and the pipes from Audi are extra :sweating:

It was either a new cooler now or new engine once the pipes had give way and dropped all the oil !!!!

9. You don't have to convince me Kev:p
    Save the "cheaper than OEM" and "I had to do it to save the car" stories for your Wife :D

10. Paul Kennedy

Paul Kennedy Active Member

Kev is the engine got timing belt, or chain?

11. KEV C

Not trying to convince anyone Chris, just trying to cure that bad cough you've developed.

12. KEV C

Chain

13. Really fancy the 'Avant' version of the RS4, an itch I'll have to scratch at some point. This is a fantastic example though in the best colour

14. KEV C

Do your homework on them before you start looking Darren, everything on these costs an arm and a leg. Suspension (Drc), brakes and leaking oil cooler pipes are the most expensive things. Everyone bangs on about getting the engines de-coked too but common opinion is it's a waste of money as 6 months later it'll be back to the same. And they seem to be going up in price so be quick ;)

ProdriveWagon and Darren Garside like this.
  15. KEV C

After a recent polish at Jakes :cool::cool::cool::cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not satisfied with the bonnet on closer inspection so it's going in to be painted whilst i'm away.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2016
  16. KEV C

Took the car on it's first proper run last weekend since i've owned it and it returned a very impressive 28 mpg, not bad for a V8.

Since the last update the bonnet has been painted and i'm just waiting to fit some new Feroda DS performance pads in the front and 2 new front tyres.

Parked in probably the safest field in the country:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
  17. Paul Kennedy

;)Hi kev if and when for sale how much do they go for

18. KEV C

Depends on a lot of things really, they seem to be going up in price at the minute. You seem to be able to get 06/07 models with upwards of 100k on them for around £15ish, well looked after examples with around 80k and FASH are bringing between £16-19k and anything at all with less than 50k miles can fetch upwards of £23k. I saw a one owner one for sale last week with 23,ooo miles on it and they were asking around £30 for it, and people will pay it :whew:

19. Paul Kennedy

:)Thanks

20. HYP1C

HYP1C Active Member

Nice car Kev, a friend of mine had one when they first came out, he picked me up in town and I heard him all the way from Victoria Station and down Deansgate, it sounded awesome. I looked when I got the CSL but went the BM route. The big wing seats are very sort after, if you know what I mean.
    Enjoy it

ProdriveWagon and KEV C like this.