The Joys and Quirks Of Scoob Ownership

Discussion in 'General LADS chat' started by stanokella, May 16, 2006.

1. stanokella

stanokella New Member

Weeellllll, I have been in the ranks of the scoob owners for nearly a year now and i have noticed a few things;

1. The grin that comes across my face everytime i start the engine.

2. The bigger grin I get when i plant my right boot.

3. The admiring glances from the acne ridden youth in my estate.

4. The criminal planning on the faces of the acne ridden youth in my estate.

5. The nod or wave of the rest of the scoob brethren.

6. The suspicious stare from the girl on the first date when we pull into the pub car park and i say we have to sit in the car for a minute or so.

7. The blank stare from the girl as I explain why we have to sit in the car for a minute or so, obviuosly not the reason she thought i told her we had to sit in the car for a minute or so.

8. The irritated watching of my in car clock as i wait in the car outside said girls house while she "makes me a coffee".

9. The blank stare on my face as i watch the numbers whirr by on the petrol pump for the third time this week.

10. The trembling hands of my mate after i let him have a go and the fact he couldnt speak for a minute or so and then could only use words with four letter and mutter the word "turbo".

11. Those same trembling mates hands typing the words "wrx" and "subaru" into the search engine of the autotrader web site.

12. The scream from my wallet anytime the words "garage" and "phone" are used in the same or adjacent sentences.

13. Explaining to the childern in the family why big macho uncle Steven has a stuffed toy on the parcel shelf, also had to be explained to said girl on first date generating yet another blank look.

14. The high pitched giggle of my niece as i put my foot down after picking her up from school.

15. The grin on my face as the same niece was telling me that my car was nicer than the 1 on the episode of top gear i was forcing her to watch as i was babysitting. The car being an DB9!

Completely pointless post I know but I had to put these thoughts somehwere!!

2. Chris

Chris New Member

Fantastic!!! and all true! [:)]

3. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Very good

4. jonboy

jonboy New Member

Brilliant [:)]

5. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

6. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

[:D][:D][:D][:D]

7. KK3960

KK3960 Active Member

Surprisingly true! Very good !!
    You also forgot to mention the depleting bank account !![:0]

8. PHM

PHM New Member

Explaining to the missus why you have to park in the furthest space away from the supermarket entrance.

Explaining the benefits of an induction kit - you know...improve fuel consumption, life time gaurntee (No more buying air filters which should be changed reguarly to prolong the life of the engine etc).

The benefits of 4WD.

The cost of having to change all four tyres at the same time...

Ill stick to the benefits of scoob ownership incase she reads this[:D]

<font color="blue">"Hello dear, another glass of wine" DOH!![;)]</font id="blue">

9. Bluebird

Bluebird New Member

Wow - im impressed how literate you lot are! [}:)]

Although, i feel the same about scoobs you know[:)] You dont have to be a bloke to appreciate the power and quality it presents. Oh and the feeling of putting your foot down at the lights and blasting off the young pretenders in the rusty Clios and Citreons [:D]

10. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

Like stopping to take a picture of a beautiful landscape and accidently getting the Scoob right in the middle of the picture.

And not buying expensive stereo equipment because the best sound in the world comes from the back box on your car.

The satisfaction of seeing peoples faces when they
    e walking about 500 yds in front and they turn around because they can hear you coming.

The expression on the wifes face when shes looking for her best polishing rags for the house only to find your using them on the car.

[:p]

11. Parky

Parky New Member

lol...

Im guessing you like your car then?..[:D]

12. stuart

stuart New Member

The heartache of trying to get cheap insurance each year, knowing you
    e being punished for all the scum out there driving without insurance and/or thieving/damaging our precious cars!
    Sorry, trying to give up smoking and get insurance don seem to work well together.

13. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

You forgot . . . .

Maintaining a 3D map in your head of all those interesting roads where you can "have a proper blast" in the Scoob.[:D][:D]

Maintaining a 3D map in your head of all the routes to those interesting roads where you can "have a proper blast" in the Scoob that have Shell "Optimax" petrol stations on them.[:0]

Getting on virtually first name terms with most of the staff that work in those petrol stations!![;)]

Im sure there are many more!!!

Kev F[;)]

14. gerry

gerry Active Member

The expression on the wifes face when shes looking for her best polishing rags for the house only to find your using them on the car!!!! so true kev!!

everyone has hit the nail right on the head!!!

15. PHM

PHM New Member

"Why can you use cheap car polish from Tesco instead of Autoglym or Maguires!!"

So true about the stereo - I never have it on these days!![:D]

16. stanokella

stanokella New Member

Lol some good joys and quirks there fellas! I coulda gone on for another 50 or so! I love the map one FRO5T1, so true and the fact i will take a 5 mile detour to hit 1 of the roads that you can open the beast up on!

17. mcscoobydoo

mcscoobydoo New Member

My favourite moment was this weekend just gone. parked outside my caravan. Next door has a DB9 and his mate visiting has a porsche boxter. All the kids on the park went by and said look its a scooby

[:D][:D][:D]

I have actually had kids get down on their knees at the traffic lights to pay homage - the missus killed herself laughin [8D]

18. Scoobydobydoo

Scoobydobydoo Lifetime and founder member

Yeh they are all true[;)]

19. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

only one thing i can say i have never been so skint in my whole life modding is addictive[:D][:D][:D][:D] but i keep smileing[:D][:D]