SCOOBYFEST = Saturday & Sunday 2nd - 3rd July 2016

Discussion in 'Car & Motorsport Events' started by Captain, Dec 18, 2015.

1. Captain

Captain Member

[​IMG]

So the facts are simple, only one person booked for the Trackday at Blyton Park on June 5th, which meant it was not financially viable and we have had no choice but to cancel that and move Scoobyfest to York Raceway for a weekend of drag racing and RWYB on the 2nd and 3rd of July 2016. The drag racing event is on both the Saturday 2nd July and Sunday 3rd July and the classes and events taking place are listed below, for £30 for one day or £50 for both anyone attending Scoobyfest can have unlimited runs on the drag strip all day and enter the appropriate class or event. The Subaru show part of Scoobyfest will take place on Sunday 3rd July ONLY with the show admission cost still being negotiated. Camping is available at York Raceway for £5 per person with facilities and catering (including a bar) available. So you can attend both days of racing as well as the Scoobyfest show on the Sunday and show your pride and joy off to all the UK Subaru community and enter the show`n`shine competitions if you wish . Apologies to anyone who has already made plans for June 5th but unfortunately we had no choice and hope you will understand and can change those plans to attend Scoobyfest on July 3rd instead. We will release further details as they are confirmed.

York raceway is north of our original venue and still easily accessible so the location should not cause anyone a problem we hope.

http://scoobyfest.co.uk/

http://www.yorkraceway.org.uk/

[​IMG]

2 JULY Sat
    SPORTSMAN NATIONALS

• Ultimate RWYB
    • Straightliners
    • American Super Stock Round 6
    • JDM-DRC Round 6
    • NSCC
    • PRO FWD Round 6
    • Volks Stock Round 4
    • Super Cup Round 4
    • Pro ET & Sportsman ET Round 4

3 JULY Sun
    STREET RACER CHAMPIONSHIP

• 39th Annual Street Racer
    • Big Bracket (bracket class for all non-street legal cars)
    • NON STOP RWYB
    • Straightliners

Gates open at 8:30am, Scrutineering and signing on opens at 9am, track opens at 9:30am. Track closes 5.30pm-6.30pm.

SCOOBYFEST SHOW 3 July Sun

All we need to know this year are the numbers attending and size of stand required from each club attending, Many thanks to the 25 clubs that have already done this and we hope the change of date doesn`t affect too many people. The club stands and independents car parking will be on an area of hard standing totally separate to the drag racing with room for as many cars as we like plus gazebos etc... So please can all clubs continue to post up on the Scoobyfest Facebook page or Scoobyfest.co.uk via a nominated rep...Please keep it updated.

We have a wide range of traders attending Scoobyfest and they are all advertised on Scoobyfest.co.uk. The show and shine competitions for Scoobyfest will be independently run and judged by some of these traders including an extreme modified class, full details will be released shortly once everything has been confirmed. We have a fantastic range of items to auction and to enter in a very special raffle with once again all proceeds going to our nominated charity which is Mission Motorsport, a truly worth cause as I am sure you will agree.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    ProdriveWagon, mariuszGTB and mickp like this.
  2. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Sounds good !!!

ProdriveWagon and ELV1S like this.
  3. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

Yes does sound good , be great to have a change i reckon !!:cool:

4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Will make a great day a great weekend, well done :nod:

ProdriveWagon and mickp like this.
  5. Looking forward to this ... :cool:

ProdriveWagon, HAGGY and mickp like this.
  6. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Brilliant, weekend and hopefully loads of midland and southern scoobies, can we beat 1086 though :cool:

I can see the t shirts now..better get the RB detailed I can see Scooby Towers looking at the remaing white grease now:shake:

ProdriveWagon and HAGGY like this.
  7. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

If this is going to be a Scoobyfest, just a suggestion but why don't you put the two dates up as the 4th & 5th June for those camping, one dayers can still go on the Sunday?

Might make it sound more of a weekend?

Just a thought because we are giving up our slot at Tatton Park for this :)

8. Riley STI

Riley STI Active Member

Sound like a good plan. Put are names down if we are camping a club ?

ELV1S likes this.
  9. Gus

Gus Member

Dave Im at the committee meeting for this tomorrow so will take this up with the rest of the team....as for tatton park that was so last year LOL....scoobyfest at blyton is the future :) and as in the past with the NBO LADs have always been avid supporters which has always been appreciated

ProdriveWagon and ELV1S like this.
  10. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Ok that's great Gus, looking forward to this

11. We'll definitely be up for this again :)
    Track opportunity too???

12. Gus

Gus Member

Things are moving quite quickly on this event now,we are having a meeting in 2 weeks time with the owners of Hertel.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2016
    HAGGY and ELV1S like this.
  13. When are we having to put forward our names on this site? Just to get an idea of who's going from here :)

14. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

I'll be posting all LADS details soon Chris ;)

HAGGY likes this.
  15. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

16. Only 4 of us have our names down?! There was over double that last time :(

17. CarlL

CarlL New Member

I'm going on Sunday 3rd July - my young son son & I went to the BNO last year, and we're going again this year too

555wrx likes this.
  18. Maciek

Maciek Member

Im going on Sunday