Replaced the VRS.

Discussion in 'Other Performance Marques' started by Widdowmaker, Aug 22, 2016.

1. Widdowmaker

Widdowmaker Well-Known Member

Just thought I would check in and share with you, the replacement for the VRS.

Only 10 months old, but a high miler, ex rep car. All motorway miles, and at a significant discount to list price. Its barely boken in, in reality, and I am well chuffed.

Audi A6 Avant Ultra 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra Black Edition.

The car is miles away from what the Skoda and other VAG cars I have owned. Arm chair driving is about as close as I can compare it to. Believe it or not, I have yet give it the beans, I just haven't felt the need... yet....

Considering its over 2 tons, it returns in excess of 50 mpg, which I need to make end meets, and getting almost 800 miles to a tank.

Shod with 20's the ride is fairly sharp, but the comfort seats soak all that up.

I picked up a karcher on the weekend, so will give her a rub down and post some better pics.

I know theres a few on here who like the RS6, but this is as close as I am gonna get to one.

Audi owners don't seem to do the waving thing..... o well!!

Attached Files:

Scooby Stevo, ZANNY, Gary and 5 others like this.
  2. KEV C

KEV C Lifetime and founder member

800 miles to a tank, don't think i get a quarter of that lol.

Those engines respond very well to a remap too ;)

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  3. Widdowmaker

Yes, I am led to believe, you are very right. Additionally, the gear box also can be mapped, with a faster response time, and higher change points, with less tendancy to kick down. Replacement boxes do run into 4 figure sums though, so .....
    Unfortunate though it is, Preservation of the warranty is required at this point in time. Once the 60K, 3 yr thing is done.... we shall see. :) :)

4. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

Good choice Jim love an Audi

5. mickp

mickp Well-Known Member

Very nice car Jim. We have a couple of A6's at work and they have been a great long term car. Our cars have racked up loads of miles and give us no real problems. A previous A6 covered well over 100,000 miles with nothing more than quality servicing and the general consumables.

6. HAGGY

HAGGY Admin

nice motor jim :cool:

7. mariuszGTB

mariuszGTB Active Member

Awesome car :cool: but don't expect anybody wave back to you :D:D:D

8. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Very nice Jim, was drooling over a new grey RS6 Avant today

9. Widdowmaker

Fingers crossed they have one in as a loaner when mine goes in for service... :) :)

10. garyboxer

garyboxer Full member

Very nice Jim, and a bit of room for the camping gear

11. Widdowmaker

Damn, I didn't keep it long enough to make the next camping trip. Its clear the camping gear wont fit in its replacement.. :-(

12. T1RONE

T1RONE Active Member

Very nice car