pcv valve

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by Obey 1, May 17, 2018.

1. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

today managed to have changed this has i was having build up of oil on the block , took the pipes off down to the block and found the wide pipe to the block to be very oil wet and very hard couldnt even squeeze the pipe , the question i have did these pcv pipe change design as on mine it looks like this
    [​IMG]
    i bought this one which happened to be the wrong one so i just used the fat pipe off the item and used on mine this one is for a 2.5 in any body wants this
    [​IMG]

no on reading the valves are suppose to have a bearing or summat inside and when fail they block up and force oil out of pipe seals , well when took mine off there was no sign of a bearing sound nor even a valve did these change at somepoint

2. Dan

Dan Member

i think there ment to rattle when shaken,showing the valve can open n close,just blast a load of wd40 through it

3. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

it def didnt have a rattle valve it was like the first pic only one pipe clamp but def no rattle there it was just a straight through pipe t piece

4. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

can someone show me exactley were the pcv is on the wr1 , is it same as the sti because confused to taking pipes off and just a t piece

5. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

6. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

on the second pic i cant see were the pcv would be ?

7. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

guy who built the engine got back to me regards to the pcv valve he said
    The pcv valve is under the throttle body

8. Obey 1

Obey 1 Well-Known Member

update had a drive down to adge to look at this and found there was a pipe just below the pcv valve in the manifold just below the throttle body , this 90 degree pipe or breather hose was solid and had a large split in it which was leaking oil under pressure so new pipe supplied and fitted by adge and all is good