LADS @ Knott End Gala - 14th July

Discussion in 'Social & Family Events' started by FroSTI, May 26, 2007.

1. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Knott End Gala - 14th July
    Ok, having now been in touch with the organisers its confirmed that this event is on the 14th July and they would like us to join them again to take part in the procession. Thanks to Chris for passing the information on. http://www.ladsoc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11090

Unfortunately this clashes with the Camp & Drive weekend, however if we can get enough cars together we will be able to accept the kind invitation to return to Knott End. The locals were very appreciative of our attendance last year and were keen to see us return.

This event is basically a mobile “Show & Shine” where we parade the cars at the back of the main procession and if you wish a small gathering at the field at the finish. There maybe other car organisations taking place this year too.

The event starts at 12.30 and should finish around 3.30pm. (Though delays could happen) There is also the opportunity to stay for the fair at the end too.

As a rough guide I would hope that we can get at least 10 to 12 cars together to make this viable and a worthy show for LADS.

For those that don’t know, Knott End is just across the river from Fleetwood.

How about it :?: If you want to go please add your ID at the bottom and I wil update this list as we go.l
    Any questions please PM me

1. Frosty
    2. ScoobyDan
    3. skins21
    4. Binglecheese
    5. Chris (Possibly :?: )
    6. Zero260 (Possibly :?: )

2. ScoobyDan

ScoobyDan New Member

1. Frosty
    2. ScoobyDan

3. scoobyphil2000

scoobyphil2000 No there not new wheels

would love too i had a great day last year but im camping
    this year so come on you lot get your name down

4. ELV1S

ELV1S Administrator

Me too Phil, this should be a great day, last year was excellent, this year I think we were offered our own stand at the end of the parade to.

Pity it's the same day as camping :(

5. Gary

Gary Active Member

You can all pop up to the lakes to see us after it's finished

Bring some beer n burgers :D

6. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

And there I was thinking, You could all pop down from the lakes to take part and go back in the evening :!: :roll: That could be the "drive" element of the weekend for you :wink: :lol:

7. skins21

skins21 Active Member

1. Frosty
    2. ScoobyDan
    3.skins21

i need 2 say sorry f the mess i made when putting in the new water mains :D :D :wink: :wink:

8. binglecheese

binglecheese Active Member

nigel and diane offering their services :D sounds like a nice day :D

9. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Thanks Nigel, The more the merrier.

Come on guys we need at least more cars to make this a go'er!

10. donnas roo

donnas roo New Member

Sorry frosti can't make this one. Maybe next year :wink:

11. Chris

Chris New Member

well.........after handing the details for this over to Kev, i may actually be able to join you guys!!!

I'm trying really hard to sort out the purchase of my new toy before this date - would love to roll round this with you again this year!!! :)

I'll keep you posted but pencil me in!!!

12. FroSTI

FroSTI Well-Known Member

Well done Chris, I have pencilled you in at the top. Hopefully you will be making a welcome return to the fold. 8)

BUT WE STILL NEED MORE CARS FOR THIS EVENT :!: REALLY NEED AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM OF 8 CARS OR WE MAY NEED TO BACK OUT :oops:
    SO COME ON GUYS, IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO THE CAMP AND DRIVE, HOW ABOUT KNOTT END :wink:

13. Chris

Chris New Member

Looking good for this - sold my bikes tonight - so should be handing over cash this weekend and picking up my shiney new RA!!!!

So make it a firm yes Kev :)

I really hope we can do this - people loved it last year and Lads were thought very highly of, we were being spoken about for weeks afterwards - and there was a lot of respect for the motors there last year!!

Come on guys and galls - get your names down - it'll be a good day....come on my first event since returning to scooby ownership, lets make it a good one...........:)

14. binglecheese

would be nice to make the gala day :D hopefully we will get enough cars to go :D

15. skins21

skins21 Active Member

we must have more than 5 members :roll:

its a bit ov a change get some names down :lol: :lol:

16. zero260

zero260 New Member

You can stick my name down for this, but it will all depend on if I have my scoob by then, If I do, I will be there :wink: .

I really enjoyed it last time, all those peoples faces as we drove through the villages. 8)

17. Chris

Chris New Member

he he he - the amount of people that thought you were actually part of the Subaru World Rally Team!!!!! :)

Those sound offs were a bit of fun eh!? :)

Really hope you find a car Gav............:)

18. Chris

Chris New Member

Is there nobody else in the club free on the 14th???????

It's a fun day guys - come on!! A chance to show off your car! i can't believe there aren't more show offs in this club!!!!!

19. binglecheese

if we dont get enough cars me and the missus will probably go anyway just for a day out.would be a shame we dont get enough cars wouldnt it

20. Chris

Chris New Member

I don't understand why we need the magic 8 cars to run in the procession but - if we don't and it's decided it's not a Lads arranged trip - i'll still be heading over so i don't mind meeting up and heading over with a few of you anyway!!!?

Up for it? :)