Brake pads

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by thatscoobyrocks, Jan 3, 2016.

1. thatscoobyrocks

thatscoobyrocks Well-Known Member

RB needs new discs and pads. I've ordered Brembo discs but usually put Mintex 1144 pads in the Brembos but wondering what other LADS members use?

Any thoughts, advice or experience would be helpful.

Thanks Andy

ProdriveWagon likes this.
  2. Graphite

Graphite 23rd June 2016 - Vote LEAVE EU!

Was going to try Performance Friction in mine - but they were a bit erratic on supply so I ended up getting Brembo pads from Alyn at ASP...

3. thatscoobyrocks

Thanks Mick who is ASP?

4. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

As performance

5. cuprajake

cuprajake Guest

Always had great results with 1144. There a good pad from cold, plenty of bitw, no squeel either

6. I've tried several makes over the years with varying results, so here's 3 worth a mention -

Mintex 1144 - A good pad if your on a budget but I managed to burn them out on a spirited run (the centre of the pad was cracked & crazed). I found them slightly better then OEM but won't be using them again.

Ferodo DS2500 - Great Pad. I never had any fade but they did squeal quite a bit and produced a lot of dust. They also didn't last very long.

I'm currently on Performance Friction Z rated - I was a little disappointed at first as they didn't seem to bite, but they've just got better & better the more I've used them. I've had no fade (even on the Tubs run) and while they do produce a fair bit of dust they don't squeal. Only downside is they can feel a little "wooden" when cold.

Next on my trial list will be the Pagid Blue's.

7. thatscoobyrocks

Thanks all

8. ProdriveWagon

ProdriveWagon 3rd Scoob = an ej20 engined Hatch

Good info Chris

thatscoobyrocks likes this.
  9. W2TKY

W2TKY Member

Betsey has been running Carbon Lorraines, the last trackday she did before she got parked up last year, blew my mind. Amazing!!