2.5l??

Discussion in 'All Things Technical' started by jockbarrow, Aug 11, 2006.

1. jockbarrow

jockbarrow New Member

I have popped a head gasket in my 96 sti ra. I was gunna get it done at scoobyteknix at a very reasonable price, but as the car has sat in my drive now for 2 weeks i have been thinking "is it worth saving and getting a 2.5 conversion?". I have looked around a bit but i cant really find anywhere that does it. Does anyone have an ideas on where and how much?

cheers craig

2. WRX Paul

WRX Paul Active Member

3. CAMS

CAMS LADS Sponsor

4. adz

adz Member

just seems a bit nessesary when you already have the basis for a good motor,
    with the right mods you should see in excess of 300 bhp

if you go 2.5 im sure a remap would be just the start
    cost of motor+all the mods you would have to do anyway
    :shock:££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

5. gerry

gerry Active Member

stay away from chris at zoom!!! he cant even cut his hair never mind build an engine :lol: :lol: :lol:

6. WRX Paul

WRX Paul Active Member

I wasnt saying go there, just giving some idea of a price,i wouldnt let them change a spark plug nevermind mind my engine :D

7. Neil

Neil Active Member

I decided to go down the 2.5 route....

Not yet fully run-in, or mapped, but all I can say so far, is that it just seems to pull like a train.... :)
    Definately glad I spent the extra.

One thing I will say though, is that if its outright horse power you are after, ie more than 360 ish, then possibly stick with your 2.0 litre..

If you need an idea as to how much the conversion costs, from start to finish, then pm me..... :)

8. adz

adz Member

9. gerry

gerry Active Member

sit down?? i collapsed after reading those prices!!! you may as well trade in ya classic and get a new 2.5 sti :lol: :lol:

10. adz

adz Member

sorry-should have said......

drop yer draws and bend over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

11. jim litten

jim litten New Member

A standard 2.5 bottom end won't have the rev capability required using your RA box as the ratios are very short.

12. jockbarrow

jockbarrow New Member

oh bo****ks to it anyone want an ra? :lol:

13. nas sti

nas sti New Member

lol at neil :lol: you will be close to 400bhp with the set up you have , and more than that in torque 8)